The Whisky Thread

Only the best:

Trader-Joes-Blended-Scotch-Whisky.jpg

For the UK'ers, I heard Tesco have a load of whiskies on offer at the minute, I read something like a tenner off Dalwhinnie or something like that? :shrug:

Working through a bottle of Johnnie Walker Red. . . Not bad once I got my taste buds wearing plaid again. They had become accustomed to the rhythm of da islands, mon :lol:

Here's a good guide:

• Countries that have E’s in their names (UnitEd StatEs and IrEland) tend to spell it whiskEy (plural whiskeys)
  • Countries without E’s in their names (Canada, Scotland, and Japan) spell it whisky (plural whiskies)

Here's a good guide:

• Countries that have E’s in their names (UnitEd StatEs and IrEland) tend to spell it whiskEy (plural whiskeys)
  • Countries without E’s in their names (Canada, Scotland, and Japan) spell it whisky (plural whiskies)
With only one exception I can think of off the top of my head.
george-dickel-superior-no-12-brand-tennessee-whisky-tennessee-usa-10121462.jpg

White Horse is a bargain blend at about $15 a bottle, but she' s made with one of my fav single malts, laddie: Lagavulin.

Ohhhh....Lagavulin.
Haven't had any of that in ages. Pure smoke, that one, mate.
That's one you can literally feel coursing through your veins after you take a sip.

Very distinctive, extremely strong, very potent and not cheap, either. Unforgettable. Lagavulin is an experience.

Ohhhh....Lagavulin.
Haven't had any of that in ages. Pure smoke, that one, mate.
That's one you can literally feel coursing through your veins after you take a sip.

Very distinctive, extremely strong, very potent and not cheap, either. Unforgettable. Lagavulin is an experience.

Ron_Swanson_Lagavulin.png

I'm big on Glenmorangie, Glenlivet, Macallan. Recently Balvenie and Jura as well.

I'm actually tending towards bourbon these days. Woodford Reserve is my go to drink. Even the cheaper ones like Knob Creek etc. are good.

I'm big on Glenmorangie, Glenlivet, Macallan. Recently Balvenie and Jura as well.

I'm actually tending towards bourbon these days. Woodford Reserve is my go to drink. Even the cheaper ones like Knob Creek etc. are good.

^This
The scotch I like gets pricey, but the bourbons I like are usually half as much.

Completely understandable.
I don't know why some Scotch prices have gone through the roof, really don't.

Supply and demand. It's really took off in emerging markets like China and Brazil as well going through a renaissance in more established markets. Capacity has actually increased massively in recent years but by it's very nature it takes years to catch up.

There a lot of money in Whisky. It's a huge money spinner for Scotland.

The annoying thing is they buy top quality whisky in places like China and use them for nothing but cocktails and mixed drinks :facepalm:

Back