Achtung! The Official Recordingfest thread/Schedule for 2012.

Ugh, just spent 90 minutes setting up mics, and I fucked up my first three takes so badly they're not keepers at all. Fuck this playing and singing at the same time shit... back to multi-tracking. :mad:

^^singing AND playing? Shit, I don't think I've ever played a song all the way through. I just record small pieces and cut and paste.

^^singing AND playing? Shit, I don't think I've ever played a song all the way through. I just record small pieces and cut and paste.

I try to avoid doing the cut and paste thing, but this is the first time I've tried singing and playing simultaneously while recording. I used my ribbon mic (figure 8) on vocals so there wasn't too much guitar bleed and by playing guitar while I sang I actually sang much better. Unfortunately I forgot words, butchered phrases, and fucked up my fingerpicking patterns, plus would pull away from the vocal mic for loud notes, which would also shift my guitar away from it's mic. :mad::facepalm:

I try to avoid doing the cut and paste thing, but this is the first time I've tried singing and playing simultaneously while recording. I used my ribbon mic (figure 8) on vocals so there wasn't too much guitar bleed and by playing guitar while I sang I actually sang much better. Unfortunately I forgot words, butchered phrases, and fucked up my fingerpicking patterns, plus would pull away from the vocal mic for loud notes, which would also shift my guitar away from it's mic. :mad::facepalm:

I have a copy of my #2 this month where I did it through. Not very well mind you. Just did it to prove I can. [badly] :)

Back when I actually played gigs playing and singing together wasn't that bad. With so much time off between and then trying to get it RECORDED well...

Back to multi-tracking tonite. :embarrassed:

Sent from my iPhone at a Tijuana donkey show.

I'm actually better than when I would get on the occasional open mic. But it's a big difference between what drunk people are willing to hear and what I'm willing to commit to digital.

One week....:facepalm:

I still have no clue how to track the drums worth anything for this song. I'm trying to get a friend to record them but thought of it a bit too late and that might not happen - so I may need to change songs to something easier to do fake drums for...

Is the 15th the due date or the reveal date?

Last edited:
What do you record with?

If it's a straight up cover you could probably find a midi file and isolate the drums. Or I could isolate them for you.

I either do that or program them in the midi editor in Samplitude. (A bit hard to learn in short time though)

What do you record with?

If it's a straight up cover you could probably find a midi file and isolate the drums. Or I could isolate them for you.

I either do that or program them in the midi editor in Samplitude. (A bit hard to learn in short time though)

I use Cubase. I have EZ Drummer and have used sample loops in the past, but the loops won't cut it for the song I amd doing and I still don't have a handle on EZ Drummer yet...

Could you isolate it ?

if you find one with decent drums send me a link and I could try and mix them down for you if you want.

Okay. I'll be sleeping. But if I can help I'll hook you up tomorrow.

And who know's maybe someone could even hit you with a live track by then if it's that well known.

Back