Achtung! The Official Recordingfest thread/Schedule for 2012.

I'm on mix #10 of my song. :facepalm:

It's getting close. Just need to dial out some muddiness in the 12 string and bass tracks. #10 is a little better than #9, and #9 was worlds better than #8. #1-7 were pretty bad. :embarrassed:

Looking forward to hearing it. I really like the way you mix. Man, I wish I had your ears instead of these two potatoes I got.

I'll just half-ass something last minute. :embarrassed:

---
- Sent from my iPhone at a Tijuana donkey show.

I have both in.

#2's singing isn't the best. But I'll be damned if I worked that long to get the guitar right and not turn it in.

Sent mix #11 in to Mark just now. We'll see if he has time to listen and critique before the reveal. I may end up with mix 12 or 13, but for now, I think I'm done.

Nine days left. Shit, I have a lot more to do.

I have a lot more to do with the entry Mrs. P is singing on...including recording at least one, probably two more guitar tracks, editing the three vocal takes she did into one cohesive sounding track, and recording a few backing vocal tracks of my own. Then it's on to mixing and mastering, which has proven a bear for me lately.

And don't forget, rev, you've got a race on Saturday, so you won't get much recording done then either. :embarrassed:

I have a lot more to do with the entry Mrs. P is singing on...including recording at least one, probably two more guitar tracks, editing the three vocal takes she did into one cohesive sounding track, and recording a few backing vocal tracks of my own. Then it's on to mixing and mastering, which has proven a bear for me lately.

And don't forget, rev, you've got a race on Saturday, so you won't get much recording done then either. :embarrassed:

I know, and every time Erin is home, she wants me to spend time with her. As you know "all I ever do is play guitar." :mad:

I sat down at the computer to record last night, two hours before I went to the Mass Effect 3 release. I didn't record a single thing, but had a lot of fun playing. :embarrassed:

I sat down at the computer to record last night, two hours before I went to the Mass Effect 3 release. I didn't record a single thing, but had a lot of fun playing. :embarrassed:

Yeah, but hopefully now you've got a few ideas percolating inside your brain. I usually just put my unfinished tunes on repeat and let them run while I get ready for work etc. then try get some ideas to add. Probably drives the missus up the wall.

Yeah, but hopefully now you've got a few ideas percolating inside your brain. I usually just put my unfinished tunes on repeat and let them run while I get ready for work etc. then try get some ideas to add. Probably drives the missus up the wall.

I knew exactly what I wanted to do. Then I sat down and did it the wrong way. :facepalm:

I'll admit it. I was just too fucking lazy to setup the mics and iso stuff to record acoustic, especially since that meant keeping the dog crated and making sure to leave in time to hit GameStop. I really need to come up with a better system for quick setup.

This is what I've been doing the past few days. (not ME3) Just unleashing my inner Trent Reznor since I found samplitude's Bit Crusher. This and a Leslie VST is giving me an absolute sick Bass sound. :)

Opening new doors.

Back