Achtung! The Official Recordingfest thread/Schedule for 2012.

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
I've decided to set the recordingfests as a quarterly event and make the schedule for the whole year. As always, you don't have to conform to the theme but I figured I'd put these out there if you wanted a little guidance. The White Elephant Song Exchange will either be awesome or a disaster :embarrassed:

Thursday March 15th - The Ides of March - Songs of Betrayal

Wednesday June 13th - Your favorite summer songs!

Wednesday September 12th - The White Elephant Song Exchange

Wednesday December 12th - Holiday Extravaganza

I'd also like to have the threads on the recordingfests in the studio section just to keep them more on topic...we'll see how that goes :embarrassed:

is that White Elephant thing the deal I've been trying to get going?
someone else selects your song, without knowing who's gonna do it?

that'll be awesome!

and it's the day before my birthday too! :grin:

songs of betrayal?
ALL my songs are songs of betrayal... :wink:

I'mna get started on this in teh 1st week of January, I think.
should be able to knock off 3/4 of the year in a couple days :wink:

is that White Elephant thing the deal I've been trying to get going?
someone else selects your song, without knowing who's gonna do it?

that'll be awesome!

Yeah...along those lines. And you can trade songs if you're in the pool for the exchange.

ides of march, songs of betrayal . . . Maybe have to work an irish or celtic vibe in somehow.

I tried to pick themes that would allow folks a little more leeway in what they had to choose.

I think I already have my first song picked out...but I will investigate further and see if a better ones arises.

OK, this sounds fun... I have already decided to write my own Celtic bluegrass sounding song of betrayal.... This should be a riot... As usual, Peeker, I will be soliciting your help on bass, unless I bother to finally get another of my own...

I have a song of betrayal in mind. I need someone more adept at drum programming than me and someone with a DEEP voice. Any takers?

Due to this theme I have forced myself to learn that tricky synch picked part of the song I'm doing that has been escaping me for the past 23 years.

Even if I tank my entry completely I at least have that much from it. Not completely up to speed with it yet. But much further than I was yesterday.

:thu:

I just thought of a great song for the Ides of March. I'll have to do a lot of work on it though. :embarrassed:

Back