The Official MWGL Forum 2015-2016 NHL Thread!!!

The Caps won't make it past the first round...Mark my words..

When the time comes I'll revisit this thread to put a feather in my own cap..

Caps vs. Flyers for the first round.

Caps in 4.

The Flyers just don't have the depth to roll with Washington, nor do they have the big bodies to bang them around. The Flyers first line can probably hang with their first line, but after that, it's going to be all Washington.

^^^ The Panthers???

Ouch :(.

Hawks off to a 2-1 start. Rookie Artemi Panarin looks like he could be something special.

Well, firstly, who woulda thought?

Secondly, though, I was right - that second Hawks line with Kane and Panarin are just a joy to watch, and for a little guy, Panarin has a cannon shot.

Echoing my thread kickoff though, I'm not too optomistic for my team. They kind of limped toward the end of the season after that 12-game winning streak, and with Crawford hurt and a less-than-steller defensive 5-6-7, have had a hard time keeping teams down. St. Louis has good goaltending, and are dangerous even with that assbag Backes banged up. Then there is Dallas, who are a juggernaut even without Seguin.

Then again, lookee what happened last season :embarrassed:.

First round has been intense so far. I have always liked Chicago but they have had so much success in recent years that I'd like to see St Louis take them out. You can never count the Blackhawks out though so will it happen? I don't know.

After two games of Philly working hard and falling behind to lose both...Washington pounded their heads off last night 6-1. With TJ Oshie, Ovechkin and Holtby, how could a hockey fan not like this team?

Speaking of teams that can't be counted out - LA won against San Jose last night too.

image.jpg

The Wings vs Lightning games have been pretty entertaining so far.

Hopefully tonight the Wings can even it up :thu:

Speaking of teams that can't be counted out - LA won against San Jose last night too.

IIRC, San Jose's record this season on the first home game after a road trip is 1-9, so pretty much everybody expected this one. I anticipate they will win on Wednesday and the series will then end in LA on Friday...

Well, if history has shown me anything it has been that you cannot bet on the Sharks (to win, that is).

And today's "WTF were you thinking?" moment comes courtesy of an out-classed, out-gunned, out-hit and out-worked Philadelphia Flyers team.

Nice.
:facepalm:

That's 0-and-3, if anybody's keeping count.

Last edited:
And today's "WTF were you thinking?" moment comes courtesy of an out-classed, out-gunned, out-hit and out-worked Philadelphia Flyers team.

Nice.
:facepalm:

That's 0-and-3, if anybody's keeping count.

I started watching when it was 2-1. I stopped watching when it was 5-1.

Words marked...but what goes in your 'own cap' now?

Well, if history has shown me anything it has been that you cannot bet on the Sharks (to win, that is).

Words also marked. LA seemed to crumble and stumble.

Pittsburgh looked scary and so did Chicago in that last game.

Well they didn't kill me during the first round, but they came close. Hopefully round 2 is a bit quicker for the Caps.

So that was also a bad prediction :tongue:

Pulling for Nashville to win tonight so the Ducks/Preds beat themselves up before the next series. I was hoping to get tickets for the second round but they are almost double what I paid for the first round....on a fixed income that's a bit of an ouch :(

Back