The Official MWGL Forum 2015-2016 NHL Thread!!!

CBHScott

How did I get here?
10/7: The Blackhawks raise the banner :ep:to usher in another season.

Will they repeat? I predict

No.

I'm gonna say the Ducks - they are absolutely loaded.

Hawks grab it back in 2017 :cool:

Baseball is done because the Rockies sucked. My football teams are not going to sniff the post season (Raiders, CU Buffs). I'm not much of a basketball fan. I hate the Broncos.

So - the Avalanche? Vastly under performed their talent level last year. If they can stay healthy they are a playoff team, though probably a 6 - 8 seed.

A good friend from HS's oldest son is quite the hockey player and got a full ride to St Cloud St this year after two years in the USHL. He has NHL potential. They play a two game series with DU in Denver this year and a bunch of my friends are flying out from the Bay Area to watch the games and imbibe a beverage or two.

Raffi Torres gets a 41-game suspension for a head shot. Color me shocked.

Don't see why they just don't ban his ass.

any word on the Kane mess?

Nope. Just about two weeks since the faked "evidence" bag circus.

FWIW, Kane is a turd with some history. My take is that something happened that night, but by the actions of the complaintant and her family, and the apparent lack of evidence, there will be no charges, and a civil suit doesn't seem terribly likely, either. The fact that the team brass even allowed him back seems to indicate that they don't believe anything will come of this mess, but you can bet dollars to donuts that they smacked him around for his continued lack of discretion.

Last edited:
Hard to call it for the season at this point but yeah, the Ducks are a strong pick.

Flyers look like they will be a little bit better than last year personnel-wise. Playoff bound but eliminated in the first round would be my guess as it stands now.

Hard to call it for the season at this point but yeah, the Ducks are a strong pick.

Flyers look like they will be a little bit better than last year personnel-wise. Playoff bound but eliminated in the first round would be my guess as it stands now.

The Flyers are in a tough spot.
Waiving Andrew McDonald was the first step in a series of many they're going to need to do.
Good news is, Umburger looks like he might be healthy enough to contribute something this year.
Bad news is, they still need to unload 2 more turd defensemen, at least a forward or two, and then bring up some of their prospects to get them some NHL experience.

Prediction: Flyers are going to miss the playoffs again this year. Not by much, but they still have too many problems.

stlblues.png

Waiving Andrew McDonald was the first step in a series of many they're going to need to do.

$5 mill to be an AHL defenseman who probably won't even be a first line starter. unfrickingbelieveable

Good news is, Umburger looks like he might be healthy enough to contribute something this year.
Bad news is, they still need to unload 2 more turd defensemen, at least a forward or two, and then bring up some of their prospects to get them some NHL experience.

Cav and Umberger's contracts are going to be problems. Especially if the production isn't there. But moving Grossman's contract, waiving MacDonald, unloading Rinaldo and sacking Chief are a start to cleaning up the mess.

Prediction: Flyers are going to miss the playoffs again this year. Not by much, but they still have too many problems.

I think Mason can get them in but he can't take them through.

edit: plus Neuvirth is a definite upgrade over Emery so it looks like we could have a strong 1-2 pair this season.

Last edited:
Hitch better hope they win the Cup this season, because if they have another one-and-out, his ass is canned

Agreed.
However, in the end (which is why he didn't get canned after last season).......who you gonna get to replace him?

The Blues didn't get out-coached last playoffs, they got out-played.
BIG difference.

Agreed.
However, in the end (which is why he didn't get canned after last season).......who you gonna get to replace him?

The Blues didn't get out-coached last playoffs, they got out-played.
BIG difference.

Maybe, but you know how pro sports work. The guy in charge gets the axe, because you can't fire all the underachievers.

Back