TEMP CHECK

Funny thing is that freeze plugs were never intended to act as pressure relief devices but to plug holes left from the casting process. More often than not if you’ve got engough pressure to blow out core plugs, you’re prob still looking at a cracked block

That's true, I've seen water pumps crack wide open. Freeze plugs can act like a fuse, especially if the engine is older and its freeze plugs are rusting and getting thin. I've looked under cars and seen icicles hanging from them.

49864666_1974572539307109_8732492429229293568_n.jpg

It was -15 at 7:30... -17 at 9:30. Wind chill approaching -50 and still dropping.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190130-090759_WTForecast.jpg
    Screenshot_20190130-090759_WTForecast.jpg
    905 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: OGG
-25, salt is not working on the roads.

i was in naples FL last week, wish i was still there.

Would it be possiblele for one of you Chicagoans or other midwest types to go outside and snap and upload a photo or short video for us dry heaters?
Sorry, I was out with the dogue for a bit and could have taken a pic but didn't see this post. Also, I don't think he would have appreciated me fumbling with taking off my mittens and getting my phone out, etc; he was very focused on getting down to business and getting back the fuck out this artic hellhole that the front door seems to have opened on this morning

Sorry, I was out with the dogue for a bit and could have taken a pic but didn't see this post. Also, I don't think he would have appreciated me fumbling with taking off my mittens and getting my phone out, etc; he was very focused on getting down to business and getting back the fuck out this artic hellhole that the front door seems to have opened on this morning
Dort is a weather weenie.

Dort is a weather weenie.
He's been remarkably unphased down to around zero, but he's NOT HAVING this -20 stuff.

I don't think I'd want to go outside without pants on and poop on the snow either, so I guess I don't hold his weenie-ness against him too much, even if he wouldnt be allowed in Wisconsin (no weather whiners allowed)

Back