Question: Telecaster info

I sense a NGD in 3, 2, 1... :tongue:
I wish....right now I'm having a really bad go-around with my job. Not sure if I'm going to be working there too much longer, so for the time being....no big purchases....
That doesn't mean I can't shop though!!!

I wish....right now I'm having a really bad go-around with my job. Not sure if I'm going to be working there too much longer, so for the time being....no big purchases....
That doesn't mean I can't shop though!!!
Well, good luck w/the job, hopefully that'll improve. Been there - very uncomfortable.

I had a Squier CVC and it was excellent. I put the series/parallel option on a push/pull pot at the tone position though- the 4th position on the selector switch on my other Tele (a Frankentele with an '80s MIJ Squier neck) always screwed me up. The only reason I sold it off was that I got a MIM '50s Classic Tele in trade, and the fatter soft V neck just felt better in my hand. The '50s was a smidge better in the fit/finish category, but the two were way closer than they should have been given the respective price points. I can't compare stock pickups though, since they both had aftermarkets installed. At regular retail prices I'd have bought the CVC and been totally happy (I actually like the looks of it better), but the '50s has an extra dollop of mojo.

The modern Fender soft V necks don't feel terribly different from their C necks, IMHO. I had a first run Jimmie Vaughan Strat with a sharp V, and the difference was noticeable for the first 5 frets, after that you really couldn't tell the difference. I have another Jimmie from about a decade later and the V is much less pronounced. My '50s Tele and the '50s Classic strats I've played were about the same- a little chunkier in the cowboy chord area.

I don't mind a semi chunky neck. I played a Les Paul studio for years that had a 50's neck on it. It eventually became comfortable. It actually took a while to re-acclimate to a thinner profile when I played different guitars.
I should have a little time this afternoon to hit up the GC....hopefully.

I don't mind a semi chunky neck. I played a Les Paul studio for years that had a 50's neck on it. It eventually became comfortable. It actually took a while to re-acclimate to a thinner profile when I played different guitars.
I should have a little time this afternoon to hit up the GC....hopefully.
Yeah, that is really what you should do to check it out. Hopefully, then have a CVC and CV to compare. And maybe some Vintage Modifieds (this one looks fun http://www.zzounds.com/item--SQU030...2CaxR-v0sVrXeIZGHu7Oy1x-4M-FntDNsaAn-C8P8HAQ= ) and standards to check out as well, as long as an MIM or two.

That one is pretty nice. You would be in less dough with a CV, but that one is cool. I agree with the tort or black (3 ply). I don't know which pickups are in that one, do you? If I had it to do over again and was wanting to stay stock, I would like the A3 better. But that is just me. I love my P90 and A3 bridge combo.
If this one is a standard Mexican, the sweetwater site says they have standard tele pickups...

Black guitars are made for tort. It looks great on white, but I also love the 70's Fender white guitar with a black guard.
Black tele: black, white or mint.
White tele: black or mint.

I know it's a personal preference thing, but I've never liked tort guards. Teles are simple; tort looks complicated.

I've seen a few exceptions, but for me, tort just doesn't work. My thinline squier (sunburst) has a white tort guard on it, it works, but I wish it was black.

Back