Superbowl 50 Game thread

Never had strong feelings one way or other about Peyton. Out of the Manning Trifecta of pigskin tossers, he is far and away the most innocuous and dull. Both his father and his brother are achievement level douchenozzles that take "insufferable" to an obscene height.

If for no other reason than to match Eli in SB rings, I am glad for Peyton.

Now I just hope he has the good sense to call it a day. Nobody wants to see him go all Favre, or Montana and end up going out as a bench warmer.

Well done Peyton for a fantastic career. Now fuck off and enjoy yourself and your family while you can still walk without help.

I'm not so sure Peyton earned another ring. He did just barely enough. His team's D won it. He can share in their ring though. I got what I wanted out of the game. A defensive slug fest and a lot of sacks. Only thing I would have liked to see is some more successful running game. Couple good runs by the Denver guy. Not much else.

EDIT: The above is probably exactly what Peyton needed to do, and not try and force things. Just not a huge athletic or skill display or anything.
No he didn't do enough. Just like no one single individual on the team did enough to earn a ring. But he did his job like every other person on the team did and together they earned the title Super Bowl Champion.

Is Peyton on Budweiser's payroll now? He mentioned them a couple times (once in the on-field interview and once on the podium). I was halfway expecting him to add "at Disney World" to the end of it.

Is Peyton on Budweiser's payroll now? He mentioned them a couple times (once in the on-field interview and once on the podium). I was halfway expecting him to add "at Disney World" to the end of it.

He owns a couple of A-B distributorships in the Denver area.

While Denver's defense was very impressive in that game (and all season for that matter), the number of questionable calls against Carolina makes me wonder about whether or not the game was a bit rigged (tin foil hat theory). The "gods of football" wanted Denver to win so Peyton would get his ring and go out on top.

While Denver's defense was very impressive in that game (and all season for that matter), the number of questionable calls against Carolina makes me wonder about whether or not the game was a bit rigged (tin foil hat theory). The "gods of football" wanted Denver to win so Peyton would get his ring and go out on top.
I saw so much holding on the part of Carolina in the second half, a near mugging when Cam was running one time with clear jersey pull, and a bunch of after play "communication" including a shove on the sideline by a teammate when a denver guy tackled cam and they went out of bounds that I did not feel the calls or lack thereof was really one way or the other. I have no real dog in the hunt in this game. As I have said, I wanted both defenses to win. That they did. A slugfest with the team that wanted it more standing in the end. Carolina had its chances, but they kept committing dumb penalties (how many false starts? Knocking the ball out of the guy's hands in front of the ref? etc.) and other mental errors that it appeared they lost their focus. they had all the skill and athleticism they needed with a bit more focus. Denver stuck to its game better.

This was pretty much exactly how Denver played all year- put some points up early (whether TDs or FGs) to get the lead, then go into "protect the ball" mode on offense, while the D brings it home. It didn't work against Oakland and the Steelers in the regular season- both games, the D let the other team score enough in the second half to win it. But it worked really well against all 3 teams they played in the post season.

Not really exciting, but pretty effective.

So what was up with Eli Manning's expression when they shot to him after Denver scored? It was hilarious! He looked all bummed out.

Ugly game. Sloppy play. Denver defense looked sharp. Everyone else was kind of blah. The Panthers might need to acquire a couple more weapons for Cam for that team to stay competitive. Manning put up a Dilfer-esque performance. Good enough to not blow it for the defense. In no way inspired or exciting.

Ugly game. Sloppy play. Denver defense looked sharp. Everyone else was kind of blah. The Panthers might need to acquire a couple more weapons for Cam for that team to stay competitive. Manning put up a Dilfer-esque performance. Good enough to not blow it for the defense. In no way inspired or exciting.

yup. can't argue with this.

I didn't watch the game, but I think this is probably accurate:

Funniest_Memes_you-were-sportsing-pretty-hard_814.jpeg

yup. can't argue with this.
I can easily argue with this. It was inspired defense on both teams. A lot of "mistakes" were created by the D, and others came out of frustration as the D stifled the offense. That is what great D is all about. True, Peyton has his limits and tried to live within them. Cam did all he could for most of the game, then unravelled at the end. So I thought it was brilliant. From a defensive point of view.

I am glad I decided not to pile on on Cam for last night. May have been more to the story. There often is:

http://q13fox.com/2016/02/08/the-reason-cam-newton-walked-out-of-his-postgame-press-conference/

He apparently was being interviewed at the same time a bronc was answering questions about how they were getting after Cam. Too close, too personal, too soon. Not saying he is a perfect guy, and he has lots to learn, but who among us is perfect and has nothing left to learn.

Back