Superbowl 50 Game thread

image.jpg

This guy is at the Super Bowl. He has sprung for one of the top-priced seats, down on the field, right on the 50 yard line. He notices that the seat next to his is vacant. Leaning across toward the guy beyond it, he says, "There's a sight I thought I'd never see, one of these seats empty. There must be a story behind that." The other guy says, "There is. That was my wife's seat. For the past ten years we have gone to all the Super Bowl games, wherever they were played, and got the best seats. It was our only extravagance. But this year my wife passed away, so I'm here alone." The other guy says, "Oh, I'm so sorry!....But it seems like such a waste. Couldn't you have given the seat to a friend or a relative?"
"No, they are all at the funeral."

I really didn't see it playing out like this.

I'm glad to see it though.

Let Peyton get another ring.
I'm not so sure Peyton earned another ring. He did just barely enough. His team's D won it. He can share in their ring though. I got what I wanted out of the game. A defensive slug fest and a lot of sacks. Only thing I would have liked to see is some more successful running game. Couple good runs by the Denver guy. Not much else.

EDIT: The above is probably exactly what Peyton needed to do, and not try and force things. Just not a huge athletic or skill display or anything.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure Peyton earned another ring. He did just barely enough. His team's D won it. He can share in their ring though. I got what I wanted out of the game. A defensive slug fest and a lot of sacks. Only thing I would have liked to see is some more successful running game. Couple good runs by the Denver guy. Not much else.

Yup - Manning should retire now on top. If he was to come back, the Rams are interested in him but I don't believe he will be in Denver next year.

As for the MVP, it should Von Miller. He is the main reason that the Broncos are in the Super Bowl as well as the leader on the Broncos D.

Yup - Manning should retire now on top. If he was to come back, the Rams are interested in him but I don't believe he will be in Denver next year.

As for the MVP, it should Von Miller. He is the main reason that the Broncos are in the Super Bowl as well as the leader on the Broncos D.
Yes, I think they should be interviewing him instead of Peyton. And at the very least, Peyton should be deferring to the D and being more humble, rather than yacking about his family support and all that, as though they had a lot to do with the win. They were not the ones sacking Cam repeatedly.

Last edited:

I agree with this whole heartedly.

So not a bad game though nothing like last year. Good D on both sides. Caroline's offense was better so Denver's D really deserved the win IMO. Nice in a way to see Peyton go out (?) a winner. Commercials were mostly terrible a few were kind of good and props to Audi for theirs with Starman (and a Dedication to Starman at the end...though they didn't name DB)

Best thing about the super bowl....these guys flew right over my house :thu:

BlueAngels1.jpg

Yes, I think they should be interviewing him instead of Peyton. And at the very least, Peyton should be deferring to the D and being more humble, rather than yacking about his family support and all that, as though they had a lot to do with the win. They were not the ones sacking Cam repeatedly.
I want to back off a little and say I think Peyton seems a nice enough guy. And it is nice that he mentions his family. It is just that tonight I think he should have put the D in his comments first.

I just read an article that said Water at the super bowl costs 7 dollars and a coors light cost 13 dollars

Good for Peyton. But he didn't win the game, he played on the team that won.

I really hope ho goes out on top, like Elway. He threw some of the worst looking passes for a SuperBowl QB I've ever seen.

Favorite commercial - the one with the astronaut.

Good for Peyton. But he didn't win the game, he played on the team that won.

I really hope ho goes out on top, like Elway. He threw some of the worst looking passes for a SuperBowl QB I've ever seen.

Favorite commercial - the one with the astronaut.
He was, shall I dare say it, . . . a game manager today. Helped to get a few points on the board via field goals, and made the hand off for the one offensive touchdown after a fumble recovery in the red zone. And the D did the rest. But I do hope he hangs it up on top after this. It would frankly be sad to see him hanging around Denver, or in some other jersey. I mean no disrespect to him by saying any of this.

In fact, I am not going to trash on Cam either. He did what he could. He obviously is an emotional player. I am not comfortable with the mountains of bile and hate social media and the press are heaping on him right now. It might have been nice for him to be able to handle this differently, but I am not going to trash him for it. I am going to make a personal pledge to do my best not to pick on other people's players. After all this Brady nonsense (I may not feel like he is my favorite QB, but I did not like that he was booed like that), and now this stuff with Cam, I am hoping to learn to be a little better than that.

Last edited:
I just read an article that said Water at the super bowl costs 7 dollars and a coors light cost 13 dollars
I wouldn't pay 7 bucks for Budweiser.

I'd take that deal on Coors Light though. Earning 13 bucks for drinking a beer is a pretty good gig.

What? You want me to PAY for for Coors Light?
That's the craziest thing I've ever heard.

Reactions: Tig
I want to back off a little and say I think Peyton seems a nice enough guy. And it is nice that he mentions his family. It is just that tonight I think he should have put the D in his comments first.
They kept asking him if he was done. The family reply was what he had prepared to deal with that question, I think.
The interviews I saw never asked him about the game unless they tacked on the 'is this it for you?' on the end.
So, he kinda got roped into that line of dialogue.

He was, shall I dare say it, . . . a game manager today. Helped to get a few points on the board via field goals, and made the hand off for the one offensive touchdown after a fumble recovery in the red zone. And the D did the rest. But I do hope he hangs it up on top after this. It would frankly be sad to see him hanging around Denver, or in some other jersey. I mean no disrespect to him by saying any of this.

Yeah, I'd say that he knew it was going to be a game for the defense and he did his job.
Had he pushed for more spectacular plays that involved more of him, they might not have won.

Back