SPOILERS!! The Walking Dead Season 7 Official Thread SPOILERS!!

smurfco

Meatus McPrepuce
SPOILERS THREAD - Don't read if you haven't seen the most recent episode of the show! Also, if you're in the thread and are posting spoilers, put in a paragraph of spoiler free boilerplate at the beginning for folks on Tapatalk (which shows the first few sentences of the most recent post).

Le la le la le la

Doo oo oo doo doo doo

Alright so.....

That was exceedingly violent. I was trying to eat a pizza slice when Glenn got his skull bashed and his eye popped out. Gross! Also, the part with Rick about to chop Carl's arm off was crazy and disturbing. I still think the show is pretty stupid but the episode replaced the stupidity with wanton violence, to the point where I felt kinda bad watching it.

Thoughts?

I don't know that I am going to watch any more. I agree that it was gratuitously violent and very hard to watch. I don't really mind the cartoonish violence of the zombies, but this was really too much.

SPOILER!!!!!!

Loved the scene where he jumped off the RV onto the hanging zombie who became a stretch armstrong.

Ok - Last season I thought Rick was a Douchenozzle. He got involved with a fight, for another community that he didn't really have to get involved with. Him and his gang show up to Alexandria, that seemed to be a peaceful community that was self-sufficient. Rick get's involved - starts negotiating on their behalf and picks a fight with another community, on behalf of another community and gets to of his people killed in the process.

Rick - you are stupid.

Yeah -- last year we couldn't believe how everybody suddenly seemed to lose any semblance of common sense...

SPOILER!!!

Dee dee doo doo pee pee poo poo

I do think Jeffrey Dean Morgan is doing a good job as Negan. I just think this show hates its own characters and as a viewer I feel pretty beaten up too. I mean, it's a TV show so I'm not losing sleep over it or anything, but I don't see how this season can be anything but unrelentingly dark after a start like that. I'm not out just yet, but we'll see.

Yeah - props for Jeffrey Dean Morgan. And I agree, this show hates heroes perhaps more than Game of Thrones. Anytime someone becomes the "heart and soul" of the group -- get prepared for a grisly demise...

I've read every comic and watched every episode. I didn't enjoy the graphic violence, but I knew it was coming...or at least I thought it was coming. Honestly, I had hoped they'd not get as graphic as the comic, but they went beyond that because they did it. JDM seems to have the mentality of Negan down, but he's too small for the image of the character compared to the comic. Negan isn't just brutal in the comic, he's a brute of a guy. The leather jacket isn't loose in the comic, it's hugging the torso of a more muscular man.

But the key was let you know the Negan means business. He's not unlike the Joker in his comfort with inflicting pain/causing havoc. I'll be watching to see how it plays out and spot (and likely enjoy) the differences from the comic. In the comic Abraham was already dead at this point, so I was teased to think that Glenn might have been allowed to live, but Darryl fucked that up...Glenn is now dead because of Darryl. I also thought this was going the point where Rick loses his right hand (which happened via the Governor in the comic), even after Negan had drawn the line on Carl's arm, I thought Rick was going to hack off his own hand in hopes that it would appease Negan.

Maggie's storyline gets more interesting. We'll meet the Kingdom soon. Then there's the...actually, I don't think we'll see them this season.

Spoiler

Babbedy, blabbed blee!

Moving on...

I enjoyed it. The Glenn kill was pretty spot on from the comic, all things considered. Negan is a bad, bad dude. It's only going to get worse. There are a few key moments that I'm really hoping they pull off. For those that have read the comics, Carl has a HUGE scene that needs to happen. I guess we'll see.
Also, as to the other upcoming bad guy(s), definitely not going to be this season. Maybe at the very end so we can jump time a few months for next season's opener but I doubt that too. They've got a long road to travel with the Saviors. Plenty of content for this season but fair warning, it will stay pretty bleak until the end.

All in all Negan is an exceptional bad guy for the show/comic. What happens to him in the long run is really well worth it and the changes he brings about are substantial.

That was hard to watch. Jack and I couldn't finish our cheetos.

0dc3b8703a7f62a28ec923d9f64e3a80.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

When this show first came out, I was into it. But as time went on it seemed like the same episode over and over...
Kill zombies, trek through the woods to some remote location. Somebody from the party dies somehow and when they get to the new location they find more survivors that join up with them....repeat ad nauseam
Part of me really wants to like this show, but I just can't.

If you suffer from depression or have had a really bad day, watching this episode will put you over the edge.
Perfect
fucking
timing :annoyed:

When this show first came out, I was into it. But as time went on it seemed like the same episode over and over...
Kill zombies, trek through the woods to some remote location. Somebody from the party dies somehow and when they get to the new location they find more survivors that join up with them....repeat ad nauseam
Part of me really wants to like this show, but I just can't.

This is true for me, too. I lost interest at beginning of Season 4. Felt like the same thing over and over.

I'm still in it. I feel that last night's episode shook things up in a way that needed to happen to keep the show from getting stagnant. At this point, the walkers are almost a non-threat - they're easy for the survivors to handle. So a real threat was needed to ratchet the tension back up, and I believe they've delivered that in Negan, and I think Jeffrey Dean Morgan's performance is beyond stellar. It's interesting, some of you here (and to whom I've spoken elsewhere) are saying you might bail on the show in the aftermath of that episode - it's the opposite for me, I think they saved the show by being willing to deliver that punch. It hurt, it was brutally violent, and it sucks - but it reminds the viewer that no one is safe in that world.

I'm still in it. I feel that last night's episode shook things up in a way that needed to happen to keep the show from getting stagnant. At this point, the walkers are almost a non-threat - they're easy for the survivors to handle. So a real threat was needed to ratchet the tension back up, and I believe they've delivered that in Negan, and I think Jeffrey Dean Morgan's performance is beyond stellar. It's interesting, some of you here (and to whom I've spoken elsewhere) are saying you might bail on the show in the aftermath of that episode - it's the opposite for me, I think they saved the show by being willing to deliver that punch. It hurt, it was brutally violent, and it sucks - but it reminds the viewer that no one is safe in that world.

I'm not thinking about bailing because the characters got killed. The Glenn killing was over the top, boarding ridiculous. If that is the route they are taking, I'm out. I don't want to watch a show that is just going for shock value. The guy playing Negan is fantastic though. He reminds me of Jeoffry on GOT. I really can't wait to see him get what he deserves.

SPOILERS

As per the first post in this thread, here's some useless info before I respond

Don't look further if you don't know

There's even an image there

Ye have been warned

The Glenn killing was a perfect reproduction of the frame in the comic when Glenn was killed.

sorry-this-is-kinda-scarring-even-in-drawing-form.jpg

That was hard to watch. Jack and I couldn't finish our cheetos.

0dc3b8703a7f62a28ec923d9f64e3a80.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Honestly jack seems to be REALLY ENJOYING it ....jus' sayin' :embarrassed: BTW is it just me or does Negan bare a resemblence to FREDDIE MERCURY :hmmm:

Anywayway i waited to get in this thread until today because I don't have cable so I have to iTunes it but tonights episode at least was free on AMC.com......

So I've been watching since the first episode. Some seasons definitely better than others (i really hated the Gov. season and the first and second season were kinda meh, overall I think each season gets better BUT "IDK: it might need to end soon. I've thought about reading the comics but I never wanted to spoil the suspense but just not sure we need two or whatever seasons of Negan because the whole Gov thing got old fast.

This episode was definitely over the top violence. I do wish Negan would've done away with Maggie instead of Glenn...jus' sayin'

Here is what should happen in a realistic "Walking Dead world" or really what shoulda happened long ago....

The rest of the crew should pack up and get the hell out of the east coast/South....fucking head west! Why because less populated, more sparse wide open country plenty of farm/ranch land and the biggest thing LESS people because we know what post apocolyptic Zombie world peole are like...worse than the Walkers!
I'm pretty sure Daryll would be all for the crew leaving him as well...he'd take one for the team I'm sure...

So I'll continue to watch but if it drags on or continues in ultra over the top epidsode after episode then IDK. 7 seasons is pretty long for a show especially one of this nature.

I did watch the first season of Fear the walking dead and I need to watch the second season (haven't iYuned it yet so pleas no SPOILERS for me :mad: )

Best show bar none over the past few years has been Bates Motel...they will be doing the last season the Spring. They did it right by having an end date set in stone rather than let ratings dwindle and people jump ship.

Reactions: Tig
SPOILERS

As per the first post in this thread, here's some useless info before I respond

Don't look further if you don't know

There's even an image there

Ye have been warned

The Glenn killing was a perfect reproduction of the frame in the comic when Glenn was killed.

sorry-this-is-kinda-scarring-even-in-drawing-form.jpg

While that is true, the show has steered so far from the comics, I'm not sure why they had to stay true to it for that.

SPOILER!!!

Dee dee doo doo pee pee poo poo

I do think Jeffrey Dean Morgan is doing a good job as Negan. I just think this show hates its own characters and as a viewer I feel pretty beaten up too. I mean, it's a TV show so I'm not losing sleep over it or anything, but I don't see how this season can be anything but unrelentingly dark after a start like that. I'm not out just yet, but we'll see.
This may bey where I am after watching it tonight.

Back