Single Pickup Guitars.....

Single Pickup Guitar

• Total voters

baimun

Funkasaurus Rex
Fender Esquires.... LP Jr's.... EVH style superstrats...

So, if you've played a single pickup guitar, what was your favorite pickup?

141703396.7JtfG45c.jpg

copper3.jpg

tumblr_m8gns4QDvY1rx124po1_1280.jpg

Woody2_Sharpened.jpg

That is rough question Tony...

I like the sound of a good strat pickup as well as the P-90 sound. My Melody Maker also has a single coil similar to a strat which is very nice sounding.

If I had to have a guitar with one pickup it would be a tv jones humbucker. I might end up buying a Filipino Bacchus and dropping a couple tv jones in it

It depends on my mood. While I would prefer a splittable PAF-type humbucker, I'm all about the filter/fideli/___-tron-types at the moment. Having said that, however, that first pic of the red Firebirdesque w/ the single P90 made something move...

I'd vote hamburger (Tapped)

Dan auto collect!

I'm voting humbucker. . I only own one guitar in this configuration and it's not very versatile. My least favorite guitar in that regard
6738629169_ec7495c961_b.jpg

I've owned two single pickup guitars.

Best one was '51 ES125 w the original single P90 in the neck. That thing was amazing so I voted P90.
Shoulda kept that guitar but I got greedy and in a fit of GAS sold it for a hefty profit.

The other one pickup guitar is my parts Esquire w a GFS lil Killer 10K rail. Its just OK. Fine for rock but it doesnt really have enough highs for a true tele bridge sound. I like the Esquire a lot(Eldred mod) but I havnt found the right pickup yet.

Esquire aficionados, an probably Jr fans too have a theory that the extra pickup puts additional magnetic force on the strings even when switched off. Therefore there is a positive difference in the sound of identical Teles one 2 pickup and one Esquired.

Esquire aficionados, an probably Jr fans too have a theory that the extra pickup puts additional magnetic force on the strings even when switched off. Therefore there is a positive difference in the sound of identical Teles one 2 pickup and one Esquired.
Thanks for that. I see the theory but am not convinced. If you have decent sustain then the "dormant" coil is having negligible effect surely.

Back