Rick and Morty Appreciation Thread

Okay, late to the party, but I'm almost through season two.

This, as I just posted in another thread, is probably the most important show on television/teh interwebz.

Smurfco was raving about it at Heel Stock. He played us the video they did where Rick and Morty voiced the State of Georgia vs Rick Allen hearing. That freaking killed me, so I started it. The first couple were a little slow the first time I watched them (which is a little expected when you first start a show) and Rick's belching put me off a little too, but Smurfco is right, they did really tame it after the first couple. I finished it a week or so ago and started over the other night. The first couple were really good too after knowing the characters better.

So it finally turned up on Netflix UK and I enjoyed it. I found Rick's burping and drooling really off putting in the first few episodes but they tone it down after that.

I love it. I've seen a number of episodes on Cartoon Network and On Demand, but I need to catch the rest.
Seriously twisted shit.

Yeah, it's funny. I know as a teen I would not have cared about (or even liked) Ricks crudeness, but I have to admit it was initially off-putting for me as well. I'm not sure if it's actually toned down or if we're all just used to it after a few episodes and we just focus on the crazy awesome adventures.

The lines this show crosses and how they cross them shouldn't feel so right, but they do.

Last edited:
I watched the first episode and liked it, but was not overly impressed. I know I need to give it at least 5 episodes to really get a feel for it though.

I watched the first episode and liked it, but was not overly impressed. I know I need to give it at least 5 episodes to really get a feel for it though.

Yeah, it seemed to grow on my...like a fungus that morphed into live giving power. Rick might be the worst character ever, but the show is wondrous.

Back