Return to the Planet of the "Hey Euro's its that time again" Thread.

Morning peoples

So Im off for a week (ill) and the thread falls to the second page? Goddammit. I blame jbj.

Yes so I was off for a week, ill and coughing and generally feeling shit. Im back at work now but coughing and still feeling shit. Oh well.

As for Rotterdam, I've been there quite a few times as the ship I take to get back to the UK leaves from there. Ive been around the city centre lots of times and while its nice and so on, I certainly don't see why any tourists would go there, there are much nicer places in Holland to visit, in my opinion.

Plus Im constantly hassled by beggars when I go there. Not ones that just ask you for money when you go past them, no, ones that follow you round. Wankers.

Morning peoples

So Im off for a week (ill) and the thread falls to the second page? Goddammit. I blame jbj.

Yes so I was off for a week, ill and coughing and generally feeling shit. Im back at work now but coughing and still feeling shit. Oh well.

As for Rotterdam, I've been there quite a few times as the ship I take to get back to the UK leaves from there. Ive been around the city centre lots of times and while its nice and so on, I certainly don't see why any tourists would go there, there are much nicer places in Holland to visit, in my opinion.

Plus Im constantly hassled by beggars when I go there. Not ones that just ask you for money when you go past them, no, ones that follow you round. Wankers.

As I said, I have no idea why you would visit. I loved living there and if I would move back to the Netherlands I would never want to live anywhere else.

The last 6 months I was in there tourism was going crazy though. It used to be mostly chinese businessmen, but hostels, hip coffeebars, galleries and whatnot keep popping up like crazy. I worked for a festival in one of the main streets this summer, never saw so much tourists in the city.

All right, spazzers?

I have one more day (tomorrow) at work until we get a whopping SIX days off for Chinese New Year (biggest holiday of the year). It seems my boss (and half my colleagues) has taken today and tomorrow off too, so things are not exactly stressful in the office at the moment.

noon mongos :Wave:

Working this week and then off to Holland to visit my dad, who is still in hospital with back problems. Will also be a good opportunity to catch up with some old friends and have a few brewskis.

I won't be going to Rotterdam though party0

Afternoon all.

Still waiting to get my car back from the garage after clutch and gearbox went. It's an expensive PITA but what's really pissing me off is that the mechanic is a bullshitter as he told me a week ago last Saturday that it was a disintegrated Dual Mass Flywheel and it would be fixed by Wednesday or Thursday latest. I phoned him Wednesday afternoon as I'd not heard from him and he clearly hadn't looked at the car as it now turns out to have a solid flywheel which is fine and it's the gearbox. Parts were due to arrive Saturday so I'd get the car back today latest. As of Saturday, the courier firm had screwed up and not collected Friday morning and so the gearbox won't be with him until today so I doubt I'll get my car back this side of Tuesday at the earliest.

:gah:

Afternoon all.

Still waiting to get my car back from the garage after clutch and gearbox went. It's an expensive PITA but what's really pissing me off is that the mechanic is a bullshitter as he told me a week ago last Saturday that it was a disintegrated Dual Mass Flywheel and it would be fixed by Wednesday or Thursday latest. I phoned him Wednesday afternoon as I'd not heard from him and he clearly hadn't looked at the car as it now turns out to have a solid flywheel which is fine and it's the gearbox. Parts were due to arrive Saturday so I'd get the car back today latest. As of Saturday, the courier firm had screwed up and not collected Friday morning and so the gearbox won't be with him until today so I doubt I'll get my car back this side of Tuesday at the earliest.

:gah:

wait, you were surprised by this?

wait, you were surprised by this?

It's not the guy I normally use, who is that rare thing, an HONEST mechanic.

I have used this new guy once before, as has my daughter, and he was straight up on those occasions, so it's a letdown to find he's full of it. :mad:

noon absentees,

pfff... this day is going slllloooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I had a dream last night that it turned out Bruce Springsteen actually drummed for The Who on many famous tracks that people thought Keith Moon was on. When Keith was too drunk to record they got in Bruce Springsteen.

That will be all :embarrassed:

A slow day that still didn't have enough time to get everything done in it. Oh well, shit will hit the fan tomorrow.

Wow, she must have been very keen to marry her groom-to-be in the first place if she changes her mind when her husband collapses... :rolleyes:

:Wave:

What are you suckers going to do this weekend?

I'm going to chill around the house for a bit, maybe do some work, try to plan a snowboarding trip. Weather's shit and it's seriously dark here so the run to the supermarket will be the only going outside I'll do today :embarrassed:

Chilling today, going to Spurs vs West Ham tomorrow.

Might play a musical instrument at some point :eek:

Oh, and I just registered to vote. Not that I want to vote for any of the fuckers :shrug:

I'm gigging tonight but totally fecking knackered. On the upside it's 10 minutes away on the motorway and really easy to load into so I should be home not long after one.

Tomorrow I'm planning on getting the kitchen wall tiles off so I can put in the new extractor and retile it but depending how knackered I am after tonight I might just spend a day on the couch eating rubbish :)

Chilling today, going to Spurs vs West Ham tomorrow.

Might play a musical instrument at some point :eek:

Oh, and I just registered to vote. Not that I want to vote for any of the fuckers :shrug:

I'd love to go to a football match again, I used to go to Feijenoord and Excelsior quite a bit when I lived in Rotterdam. Here in Finland they suck so bad it's not even worth the metro ticket to get to the stadium.

I think you'd already be in the national squad if you know it's played with a ball and not a puck...

Back