Dig it! Post some P90 guitars!!!

DSC_7305.jpg

DSC_7317.jpg

I have the 60s Tribute, albeit with humbuckers - and that's the one that's been causing me nothing but grief.
You've been lucky I suppose. :embarrassed:

What kind of problems?

I changed my pickups and controls out. Starting to have issues with the switch but I will just replace.

What kind of problems?

I changed my pickups and controls out. Starting to have issues with the switch but I will just replace.

I started having massive tuning issues after about 6 months, and I still haven't got rid of them - even after changing both nut and tuners, as well as lubing the hell out of it.
The bridge is pretty much the only thing I haven't upgraded at this point.

Sometimes I can tune it up, start a song and it goes WAY out of tune on the first chord - as always with an LP, the G and D string.
Becoming more and more convinced it's an issue with the headstock angle/string break angle out of the nut towards the headstock.

My bandmate in Papa Mule has 2 gibsons and an Epi and all his guitars have the same thing happening, as does every other Gibby player I know up here.

Surely that can't be a coincidence. :embarrassed:

I started having massive tuning issues after about 6 months, and I still haven't got rid of them - even after changing both nut and tuners, as well as lubing the hell out of it.
The bridge is pretty much the only thing I haven't upgraded at this point.

Sometimes I can tune it up, start a song and it goes WAY out of tune on the first chord - as always with an LP, the G and D string.
Becoming more and more convinced it's an issue with the headstock angle/string break angle out of the nut towards the headstock.

My bandmate in Papa Mule has 2 gibsons and an Epi and all his guitars have the same thing happening, as does every other Gibby player I know up here.

Surely that can't be a coincidence. :embarrassed:

Well I am running thicker gauges on all 3 of my LP's. On my Standard and Studio Plus, they have 10's on. On my Tribute I have 11's and I am not having tuning issues. I also wrap over the tailpiece which helps when playing the 11's. I had more trouble when I ran it through the tailpiece because of the angle.

Well I am running thicker gauges on all 3 of my LP's. On my Standard and Studio Plus, they have 10's on. On my Tribute I have 11's and I am not having tuning issues. I also wrap over the tailpiece which helps when playing the 11's. I had more trouble when I ran it through the tailpiece because of the angle.

Yeah, the wrapover thing is probably the only thing I haven't tried this far.
Always tuned in Eb standard and run 10s "religiously" so that shouldn't really be an issue.

And...over the years, I haven't really had particular tuning issues with any guitars...apart from that one - and I'm not going to let it beat me. :wink:

Back