Dig it! Post some P90 guitars!!!

mystixboi1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I'm digging these more and more... please post pics of P90 guitars!!!

sonic-blue_2048x2048.jpg

JS1T6L_009_2048x2048.jpg

JS1T6L_003_2048x2048.jpg

he new Suhr Classic JM Pro starts with a familiar, yet more refined and sleeker, offset body and adds enhancements to playability previously unattainable to the guitarist interested in a truly vintage vibe guitar.

This Classic JM Pro features two huge sounding but hum-free (using and active Silent Single Coil II System) S90 pickups with a low profile three way pickup selector. Raunchy and loud yet warm and clear, The Suhr S90 pickups are faithful recreations of this classic P90 pickup design from the 50's. Ideal for blues, blues-rock, classic rock and jazz, the S90 pickups have the power and richness of humbuckers coupled with the clarity and sparkle of classic single-coil pickups. Premium components and John Suhr's extensive know-how and experience in pickup technology assure that you get the very best pickup of this type the world has to offer. Suhr S90 pickups are available in either black or cream bobbins. DC Resistance: 8.1K ohms for bridge pickup, 7.1K ohms for neck pickup.

Another great feature is the unique contoured cutaway and heel on the Classic JM Pro, allowing easier access to the upper register. For optimum tone and stability, the neck joint must not be too tight or too loose, therefore all of our neck pockets are precisely fitted by hand, by expert craftsmen.

Like all Suhr guitars, the frets are Plek leveled and hand dressed for superior playability. The improved headstock design enhances tuning stability, eliminating the need for a string tree.

The combination of Alder bodies and Maple with Indian Rosewood fingerboard necks, combined with the superior Suhr pickups give these instruments that classic tone expected from a JM styled guitar, fitting nicely in every genre from country to rock.

Serial #: TBA
Weight: TBA

Body: Alder
Neck: Maple
Neck Finish: Satin
Neck Shape: 60's C Vintage Standard .810"-.930"
Fingerboard Wood: Indian Rosewood
Fingerboard Radius: 10"-14" Compound Radius
Nut Material: Tusq
Nut Width: 1.650
Frets: 22, Medium Stainless Steel
Gears: Suhr Locking
Bridge: Gotoh 510 w/ Steel Block
Pickguard: 3 Ply Parchment
Electronics: Active SSCII, Volume, Tone
Neck Pickup: Suhr S90 Single Coil
Bridge Pickup: Suhr S90 Single Coil
Finish: Gloss "Thin Skin" Urethane
Other Options: Hand Rolled Fingerboard Edges
String Gauge: .010 - .046
Case: Suhr Deluxe Gigbag

I have one of these. It has 'blues 90's pickups, which sound like p90's but have magnet slugs like a humbucker instead of a bar magnet. They also run a 3 coil circuit with a dummy coil for hum cancelling. Anyway, they were made by Gibson to sound like p90's, and they do.

gibson%20blueshawkDSCN1119.jpg

big%20gibson%20blueshawkDSCN9036.jpg

I have one of these. It has 'blues 90's pickups, which sound like p90's but have magnet slugs like a humbucker instead of a bar magnet. They also run a 3 coil circuit with a dummy coil for hum cancelling. Anyway, they were made by Gibson to sound like p90's, and they do.

love it... i remember playing one in the early 2000's... if memory serves, the body is small right? does it feel awkward when playing?

love it... i remember playing one in the early 2000's... if memory serves, the body is small right? does it feel awkward when playing?

The body is smaller than a Les Paul. It is still in the normal range of full size guitars, so it isn't particularly awkward to play. The neck is a pretty abrupt V shape, like a Clapton strat, so that might put people off more than the size of the guitar. It is also a fender scale length, so it doesn't really feel like a LP at all. The chambers of the semi hollow are very small, so it sounds and feels more like a solid body guitar than a semi hollow. Mine sounds fantastic and is super fun to play.

I had one of those too. You can get so many different tones out of those.

I was always a fan of the Feranandes Native A2...P90's, Strat trem, lightweight but big sounding. Wish I had bought a Seafoam Green one with...never run into the P90 models used.

lrg_84783_7.jpg

As demoed by an old familiar face to many of us...

Last edited:
Back