PLAY BALL !! Official 2017 Baseball Thread

how did that work :eek:

Friday nights game was rained out, and Saturdays game was delayed until 10pm DC time. That made Sunday a doubleheader. So in the 5th inning of the 3rd game (2nd of sundays double header) they hit the 24 hour mark from the start of the delayed Sat night game. That game went into extra innings and the Nats parked a grand slam in either the 11th or 12th, I forget. They took 2/3 for the series. I did get to see Harper blow his knee up, which was amazing and horrific simultaneously.

I wonder if in future years, the Sale-Moncada deal will interest people greatly. Both have pretty much lived up to / surpassed expectations so far.

Pillar made another highlight reel diving catch the other day. That prompted one of the big Canadian sports channels to air a 'ten best catches of the year' clip. Awesome stuff!

On another note...Jay and Dan are back in Canada and they are just as not funny as they used to be & have a new show starting soon.

Mike "Dumpster" Fiers
i

oOXDJDU.jpg

I guess the Red Sox couldn't let the Pats be the only cheaters in Boston.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...es-to-steal-signs-against-yankees/ar-AArlXtT?

:grin:
I'm no fan of the Yankees, but let me see if I have this straight. The Red Sox used Apple Watches to steal signs from the Yankees. The Yankees filmed the Red Sox dugout and their sign stealing process, and filed a complaint with MLB. The Red Sox have also filed a complaint with MLB, against the Yankees for filming them in the dugout. Have we not learned anything from the Democrats and Wikileaks? Come on...

Verlander is a happy guy. Every time I see him in the dugout, he's talking with a different person, absorbing or sharing.
He pitches tonight against the Mariners.
636400381486554383-AP-METS-ASTROS-BASEBALL-93485927.JPG

Everyone tries to gain an advantage in sports. If someone sees it with their own eyes it is fair but if they record it, it's not fair? Come on. Billion dollar babies. The Yankees had a kid knock a fair ball one time into the stands and it was called a home run. F the Yankees.

Back