OMG Politics, I'm over it already Mk III, The Search for Spock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Veterans should be entitled to things that, ideally, everyone should be entitled to: an education, free access to physical and mental health care services, food, a place to live, a place to die, and a compassionate ear willing to listen to fair lamentation. And it’s only right for a nation to prioritize those needs.

But that’s about it. Military service does not inherently make one a hero. Military service certainly does not give someone a brain.
Indeed.

We treat our veterans in this country shamefully. The VA is a bureaucratic red tape factory beyond repair. We have terrible post-service accommodations and care available for them to transition into civilian life.

But, there's also the very high number of vets who should never have been allowed into the military in the first place (see: Abu Ghrab). We have countless "Patriots" joining up for all the wrong reasons. Many of whom were dangerous to begin with, and yet return from combat duty magnitudes more so (see: Chris Kyle).

I have absolute respect for our men and women in uniform. My ideal way of "supporting the troops" is to NOT send them to fight illegal wars with one hand tied behind their back, in places so hostile and viciously brutal that the citizenry are a bigger threat than the ill-defined "enemy combatants" and the things they witness daily are life altering.

We need to take far better care of our vets, while doing right by them during their service as well, and we need to weed out the ones who don't belong.

Maxine Waters now refers to Trump as “Putin’s apprentice.”
giphy.gif

GOP lawmakers introduce articles of impeachment against Rosenstein - http://thehill.com/policy/national-...uce-impeachment-resolution-against-rosenstein

I’m pretty sure this is not what the FISA application actually said?

Multiple times we’ve caught DOJ officials hiding information from Congress, withholding relevant documents, or even outright ignoring Congressional subpoenas—and now we have evidence that Mr. Rosenstein signed off on a document using unverified political opposition research as a cornerstone of a FISA application to spy on an American citizen working for the Trump campaign," Meadows continued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back