OMG Politics, I'm over it already Mk III, The Search for Spock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Di6RqR_XoAUnOsS.jpg

veterans should be the first ones to see through trump's lies. i'm baffled any still support him.
There's a local band in town, legacy garage/punk band that's been around for 30 or 40 years. The leader is a 60 something vet, "Patriot", Trump supporter. If you get too pointed in your criticism, he will ask you "where you served", and if you haven't, apparently you're not allowed to criticize Trump for things like his idiotic, self-congratulatory parade.

He's had the band back together for a little while now, doing the reunion thing with a couple of new players. The other day, the bass player (black guy, hates Trump) said something mildly critical on FB about Trump, and the vet told him (in a public thread!) that he loves him as a bandmate, but he's glad they never served together because the bass player is obviously not a patriot, and therefore "couldn't be trusted to have his back in battle". Fuck! It's just SOOOO painful!

i don't know. i was watching PBS news tonight and they had a congressman on that represents Nebraska.....and he was firing both barrels at cheeto. he was saying farmers were coming into his office pretty pissed, especially soy bean farmers.
Sasse? He is a chickenshit. He has been shooting darts at Trump the entire time, while also voting straight party line every time and doing things like ducking out the back door of town halls to avoid angry constituents. That's SOP for all the Republican Senators and Representatives from Nebraska.

Sasse? He is a chickenshit. He has been shooting darts at Trump the entire time, while also voting straight party line every time and doing things like ducking out the back door of town halls to avoid angry constituents. That's SOP for all the Republican Senators and Representatives from Nebraska.
no..i don't think it was Sasse. idk

Veterans should be entitled to things that, ideally, everyone should be entitled to: an education, free access to physical and mental health care services, food, a place to live, a place to die, and a compassionate ear willing to listen to fair lamentation. And it’s only right for a nation to prioritize those needs.

But that’s about it. Military service does not inherently make one a hero. Military service certainly does not give someone a brain.

There's a local band in town, legacy garage/punk band that's been around for 30 or 40 years. The leader is a 60 something vet, "Patriot", Trump supporter. If you get too pointed in your criticism, he will ask you "where you served", and if you haven't, apparently you're not allowed to criticize Trump for things like his idiotic, self-congratulatory parade.

He's had the band back together for a little while now, doing the reunion thing with a couple of new players. The other day, the bass player (black guy, hates Trump) said something mildly critical on FB about Trump, and the vet told him (in a public thread!) that he loves him as a bandmate, but he's glad they never served together because the bass player is obviously not a patriot, and therefore "couldn't be trusted to have his back in battle". Fuck! It's just SOOOO painful!
Fuck that guy. Having not served certainly didn't stop Trump himself from having an opinion. Nor should it discount the opinion of others. There is a definition of "to serve" that he's missing somehow.

Punk indeed.

well, we haven't had a tweet storm about N.K. in a while, so i'm guessing that will be the next smoke screen.
either we're going to 'war' against them, or Un is the greatest leader of all time, because he's dismantling a (completely obsolete) missle site.

Veterans should be entitled to things that, ideally, everyone should be entitled to: an education, free access to physical and mental health care services, food, a place to live, a place to die, and a compassionate ear willing to listen to fair lamentation. And it’s only right for a nation to prioritize those needs.

But that’s about it. Military service does not inherently make one a hero. Military service certainly does not give someone a brain.

8cb4dec22f46da19f9db470199213d0e.jpg

winning.....bigly......greatly......the greatest......people love me.....i'm the greatest.....or not.

Trump’s Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame Destroyed With Pickaxe
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-star-on-hollywood-walk-of-fame-destroyed-with-pickaxe

"Donald Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame has been destroyed—yes, again—after being smashed with a pickaxe overnight. KUTV’s Ron Bird tweeted a video from the scene showing the completely broken up the slab, which celebrated Trump’s work on The Apprentice. A picture tweeted by KPIX shows the broken star with a dropped pickaxe next to it, and another sent by by a KTLA journalist showed the star fully obliterated. NBC's Jonathan Gonzalez reported: "Multiple people—including police—tell me a man walked up with a guitar case and pulled out the pick axe. Then, it’s believed, he called police himself to report it, but left the scene before they got here. Now, he’s nowhere to be found." Trump’s star was previously vandalized in October 2016—but the damage from the new attack looks to be much more extensive."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back