OMG Politics, I'm over it already Mk III, The Search for Spock

Status
Not open for further replies.
21b556590f2ec068169ea23e7101e442

I fear that if no actual charges against Trump emerge soon, it won't matter, because Fox and the other organs of GOP propaganda are preparing the MAGA crowd to automatically ignore anything that runs counter to the constant stream of lies they're being fed, and the GOP leadership are too enamored of power to let a little something like high crimes and misdemeanors sway them.

I fear that if no actual charges against Trump emerge soon, it won't matter, because Fox and the other organs of GOP propaganda are preparing the MAGA crowd to automatically ignore anything that runs counter to the constant stream of lies they're being fed, and the GOP leadership are too enamored of power to let a little something like high crimes and misdemeanors sway them.

Mueller isn't going to bring charges against Trump unless Trump loses the 2020 election, AND Mueller can hold on that long. Mueller knows that any charges brought while Trump is president will simply be dismissed by Congress as a being politically motivated. While the Democrats stand a chance of taking the House this year, there's absolutely no way they'll get two-thirds of the Senate which they'd need to convict.

Mueller may go after a few more people if he can get rock solid state charges against them (so Trump can't pardon them), but Trump is safe unless he loses the 2020 election. There's no way Mueller's investigation can survive until 2024 in the case that Trump wins 2020.

I'd say it's dicey if Mueller can hold out until 2020 - particularly with a new SCOTUS that would certainly side with the Republican party if and when it comes down to it.

Let's be honest. Even without Fox, those who support Trump automatically ignore anything Mueller finds.

While the Democrats stand a chance of taking the House this year, there's absolutely no way they'll get two-thirds of the Senate which they'd need to convict.

Lots of talk about Republicans retiring/not running for reelection. All centered around the expected blue wave comming this fall. I wonder if part of it is the expected impeachment and not wanting to be in the position of staying true to the team vs appearing non partisan, honorable, and voting guilty when it's horribly obvious.

Lots of talk about Republicans retiring/not running for reelection. All centered around the expected blue wave comming this fall. I wonder if part of it is the expected impeachment and not wanting to be in the position of staying true to the team vs appearing non partisan, honorable, and voting guilty when it's horribly obvious.

It's about cowardice and party before country.

scott pruitt has resigned. if we weren't living in bizarro world he would be charged for the crimes he has committed but i am sure he is off to a sizable salaried private sector or lobbying position.
while i agree strongly....at least the fucktard is GONE!!

(now watch him show up on SCOTUS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back