New Year, New Jam!

I don't have any of it down well. For whatever reason, this progression is a nightmare-like for me. :facepalm:

I feel like I can't hear anything against it. idn_smilie

Try that mixolydian shit, man--it's crazy!
And just wank some bloozey crap for the other part.
:thu:

Yeah, maybe it will come out better if I play it in the right key. :)

:grin:
I'd still love to know why the mixolydian ended up sounding better than just bouncing between the C Maj and BbMaj scales. There were notes, especially in the Bb scale that sounded icky to me, even though, technically, they were right.
Oh, I'm so confused.
:facepalm:

:grin:
I'd still love to know why the mixolydian ended up sounding better than just bouncing between the C Maj and BbMaj scales. There were notes, especially in the Bb scale that sounded icky to me, even though, technically, they were right.
Oh, I'm so confused.
:facepalm:

Well, the 4th of the Bb major scale - Eb - would make a minor 3rd in relation to the C Maj chord, and that could get a little icky. Meanwhile, C mixolydian offers the major triads of Bb and C, which is perfect. :thu:

I thought that was fine :thu:..I can hear that you're not happy with it though..you normally sound more confident with the phrasing. :)

Thanks for listening, Mo. I checked out your take again. It's very controlled, very nice motifs, and such, and the sextuplet lick (? that's how I was hearing it) that you played in the last chorus is cool.

Last edited:
Ok...I just tried a mixolydian'ish version I think.....:facepalm:..just the first 1.15...am I on the right track for that tonality??...there's a few painful bits ...any comments appreciated.

http://www.box.net/shared/edyecgbxkc

Thanks requiem! :)...I guess it is a sextuplet thing..I was just trying to play fast :grin: :facepalm:

Ok...I just tried a mixolydian'ish version I think.....:facepalm:..just the first 1.15...am I on the right track for that tonality??...there's a few painful bits ...any comments appreciated.

Blazing! I think it's better than your first take. Great phrasing - the 1/2 step bends that you grabbed here and there in the course of a phrase added a neat effect.

Blazing! I think it's better than your first take. Great phrasing - the 1/2 step bends that you grabbed here and there in the course of a phrase added a neat effect.

:eek: cheers!..:thu:

*bit embarrased, I was just going for it*

Probably a lesson for me there. :embarrassed:

Awesome!!!
That's the stuff.
I fucking love how we've all hashed this out and experimented and everything.
This forum rules!

I'll get on board with your positivity once I actually have a good take.

j/k - I think it's totally cool that there's a place where people can actually talk about this kind of thing. :thu:

Awesome!!!
That's the stuff.
This forum rules!

Cheers! :)

j/k - I think it's totally cool that there's a place where people can actually talk about this kind of thing. :thu:

Keep at it requiem..:thu:

Yep, It's always good to actually learn stuff and experiment when doing these rather than just aiming for "perfect" takes. :thu:

Awesome!!!
That's the stuff.
This forum rules!

I would think that this is how it should be all the time on Guitar forums.

I would think that this is how it should be all the time on Guitar forums.

We used to do a lot more of these jam threads over at GJ, back when Red Ant was still hanging there. Lots of folks participated too. I've tried to keep it alive, but hardly anyone responds. It's gone almost completely off-topic. Even here, I'd like to see more people stepping up to lay down some takes.

Even here, I'd like to see more people stepping up to lay down some takes.

Hear, hear. I know that you, requiem, rsadasiv and Mark if he has time will always have a go...hell, I even had a go at Krish's jazz stuff :facepalm:...but I learned so much from just trying it...

We used to do a lot more of these jam threads over at GJ, back when Red Ant was still hanging there. Lots of folks participated too. I've tried to keep it alive, but hardly anyone responds. It's gone almost completely off-topic. Even here, I'd like to see more people stepping up to lay down some takes.

Hear, hear. I know that you, requiem, rsadasiv and Mark if he has time will always have a go...hell, I even had a go at Krish's jazz stuff :facepalm:...but I learned so much from just trying it...

:embarrassed:

I'm trying but I can't even find time for the recordingfest stuff right now.

It's killing me :(

I'm scared of the jazz stuff.
:cry:

Back