New Year, New Jam!

Nice take - phrasing was a little rushed in a couple of spots. That shreddy part in the second to last chorus really brings teh rawk. :rawk:

Here's mine from the July Month Of Songs:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7779786

Lovely!..I think you got the spirit of the track much better than I did..yeah, I think I could get a tighter phrased take with more practice...I can't ever quite get rid of my desire to go to Yngwie land, however inappropriate.. :facepalm:

Nice takes, guys.
Mo, I especially liked your approach. I'm going to try one this morning.

Interesting takes all around. Micwalt, I have to say that that is pretty fierce. Tyra would approve.

tyra.jpg

Wow. Really...you Sir, are a badass and no doubt :)...requiem called it right..the word is "fierce"...blazing.

*back to the woodshed*

Hey, thanks!
This was a fun one--really pushed my boundaries.
:)

Hey, thanks!
This was a fun one--really pushed my boundaries.
:)

Cool!...I've got a feel now for how you and requiem and a few others play..so I'm going to try and post up some stuff that should be challenging but fun...between your tracks, jawbreakers (Krish) jazz stuff that kills me, and what I find..we should have some fun. :)

Cool!...I've got a feel now for how you and requiem and a few others play..so I'm going to try and post up some stuff that should be challenging but fun...between your tracks, jawbreakers (Krish) jazz stuff that kills me, and what I find..we should have some fun. :)

Awesome! I'll get a take for this one together tonight. I can't promise micwalt levels of intensity, but maybe something good will happen. :)

Man, this track is pissing me off. I was trying to get a take last night, but I wasn't finding anything inspiring at all - just autopilot licks. I guess the "verse" section is a little challenging, because there isn't a lot of harmonic movement to pull your ear. Theoretically, that should be liberating, but so far it's been frustrating for me. Oh well! The adventure continues tonight. I will not be defeated. :mad:

Man, this track is pissing me off. I was trying to get a take last night, but I wasn't finding anything inspiring at all - just autopilot licks. I guess the "verse" section is a little challenging, because there isn't a lot of harmonic movement to pull your ear. Theoretically, that should be liberating, but so far it's been frustrating for me. Oh well! The adventure continues tonight. I will not be defeated. :mad:

That's the spirit! :)...I might do another take on this too..I sort of treated the verses as strictly Am/Gm...but would like to experiment with some substitution ideas...if I can make that work to my ears without wincing all the time.

I sort of treated the verses as strictly Am/Gm...but would like to experiment with some substitution ideas...if I can make that work to my ears without wincing all the time.

That's the approach I was taking, too - I mean, that's a straight G Dorian type of thing, and it's no problem too play a bunch of those licks over it. I don't know - I guess I was looking for some kind of motif that I could build on, but it wasn't coming together. The B section was working better. It seems like you and micwalt were treating that as Gminor (?), but I was thinking about going with Lydian Dominant over it, since it seems like it's basically a G7 there. idn_smilie

Also, I'm trying to get this picking pattern in groups of 5 to some together - I'm not very good at it yet, and I'm trying to put it everywhere, so that isn't helping, either.

(?), but I was thinking about going with Lydian Dominant over it, since it seems like it's basically a G7 there. idn_smilie

Also, I'm trying to get this picking pattern in groups of 5 to some together - I'm not very good at it yet, and I'm trying to put it everywhere, so that isn't helping, either.

I did hear it as G7...but fell into pentatonic/blues scale wankery over it.:facepalm:...I'll see if I can "hear" any lydian dom stuff for my next take..good idea :thu:

Odd numbered picking patterns are tough....I use them a lot for alternate picking exercises as they tend to show up any technical problems.

Back