National Hockey League 2018-2019

We struggling. That Stanley Cup hangover finally kicked in.

To be fair...Washington didn't look that great many times during last season...and were behind in every series in the playoffs. Anything can happen but it is hard to repeat. It sucks that fatty Kessel was on a team that repeated in such recent history and that team remains competitive. Washington will likely go on a bit of a tear after the All Star break...but they could use their coach from last year.

I've had to eat some crow on the Sharks but Karlson still sucks and so does Kane. When push comes to shove they will not work or fight - that's my position. Refer back during the playoffs. If I am wrong, I will own it.

The Sabres have been impressive but my oh my the New York Islanders have been UNREAL. Oh yeah, that's where the Caps' coach is!

Toronto...underwhelming.

Montreal...F u.

Fatty Kessel...double F U.
 
My Hawks are paying the price for their recent successes (and that horrible Seabrook contract), and are in desperate need of getting out of salary cap hell. Doesn’t help that the core guys all have no-movement clauses, although missing the playoffs going on two-years running, and getting first-round bounces the prior two seasons may encourage one or two to think about waiving those clauses.

Looks like they may have a good young goalie in Delia, but their defensive core is the drizzling shits, and that’s where they need the most help.
 
Last edited:
I've had to eat some crow on the Sharks but Karlson still sucks and so does Kane. When push comes to shove they will not work or fight - that's my position. Refer back during the playoffs. If I am wrong, I will own it.

Still not sure what games you have been watching.
 
I've had to eat some crow on the Sharks but Karlsson still sucks and so does Kane. When push comes to shove they will not work or fight - that's my position. Refer back during the playoffs. If I am wrong, I will own it.

Yeah I don't get it either. I guess this never happened? :shrug:

Karlsson's performance continued into the post-season, helping the Senators reach the Eastern Conference Final, the first time the team had done so since the 2007 playoffs. Although the Senators would be eliminated by the Pittsburgh Penguins in seven games, Karlsson was praised for his performance during the Senators' post-season run and how he continued playing despite suffering two hairline fractures in his left heel.[32] Karlsson would also set a post-season team record for most assists and points for a defenseman in the playoffs

Kane has been in the playoffs exactly once, last year with the Sharks. He played 9 games and had 5 points 4 goals and 1 assist. So with such a huge sample size it's clear he's never good in the playoffs.
 
I guess this never happened?
It happened...and then he said that he didn't want to practice as much and dictated to the team. Was the team at fault for letting him? I guess so and when they practiced to his level...they sucked and had a horrible season. So he didn't have the character to say "we should practice more again". At least one ex teammate implied that he was a dictator and the atmosphere in the dressing room has improved so much. He reminds me of Kessel...finally got to a team where he can let the talented guys around him shoulder the load and he will just float and do the couple of things that he does well due to his natural talent.

Kane has been in the playoffs exactly once, last year with the Sharks. He played 9 games and had 5 points 4 goals and 1 assist. So with such a huge sample size it's clear he's never good in the playoffs.
That's not the point. The Sharks are loaded with talent so he's going to score. Ever wonder why he didn't make the playoffs before? "I want out of here! WAAAAAAA!!! I want out!!!"

in Winnipeg he could have BUILT something. In Buffalo he could have BUILT something. I think he'd rather walk into something that's mostly already done. No heart.



Or maybe I am just opinionated.
 
Who wouldn't want to be on the Senators with this kind of atmosphere?

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/loca...-harassment-against-melinda-and-erik-karlsson

No doubt that must have been horrible but the Sens got rid of that guy in a heartbeat after that came to light and the dictatorship atmosphere was pinned squarely on Karlsson.

``Select your favourite cliche, the Senators feel they can overachieve by having an all-for-one mentality. Though they have no captain, the players are hopeful that losing hotshots like Karlsson and Mike Hoffman might result in a better, closer dressing room.``
 
It happened...and then he said that he didn't want to practice as much and dictated to the team. Was the team at fault for letting him? I guess so and when they practiced to his level...they sucked and had a horrible season. So he didn't have the character to say "we should practice more again". At least one ex teammate implied that he was a dictator and the atmosphere in the dressing room has improved so much. He reminds me of Kessel...finally got to a team where he can let the talented guys around him shoulder the load and he will just float and do the couple of things that he does well due to his natural talent.


That's not the point. The Sharks are loaded with talent so he's going to score. Ever wonder why he didn't make the playoffs before? "I want out of here! WAAAAAAA!!! I want out!!!"

in Winnipeg he could have BUILT something. In Buffalo he could have BUILT something. I think he'd rather walk into something that's mostly already done. No heart.



Or maybe I am just opinionated.

I'll go with the last statement.

He was with Atlanta/Winnipeg for 6 years, they clearly never BUILT anything in that time. Sometimes you just want to win. It may be your option that he has no heart but it also could be that he wants to win and he (being in the locker room and around the team organization) sees that it is unlikely to happen . There are sometimes reasons beyond the players why teams seem to always suck (see the Cleveland Browns for examples). IMO it is not up to the player to build something look at Edmonton with probably the best player in the world...they suck. Ownership/Mgmt must build something one player does not make a team
 
I'll go with the last statement.

He was with Atlanta/Winnipeg for 6 years, they clearly never BUILT anything in that time. Sometimes you just want to win. It may be your option that he has no heart but it also could be that he wants to win and he (being in the locker room and around the team organization) sees that it is unlikely to happen . There are sometimes reasons beyond the players why teams seem to always suck (see the Cleveland Browns for examples). IMO it is not up to the player to build something look at Edmonton with probably the best player in the world...they suck. Ownership/Mgmt must build something one player does not make a team

Well, have a look at the Winnipeg roster from his last year there. If someone wasn't motivated to try win with talent like that...come on...Kane is heartless. You watch, when San Jose has to count on Kane or Karlsson, they will disappear.

Winnipeg was in the final 4 last year and the core of the team is the same as it was when Kane left. Buffalo is one of the surprises of the NHL this year.

Edmonton? Yeah, they didn't know how to draft unless they had the #1 pick. And hiring Chiarelli because Boston won a Cup? Well, that wasn't a great move.
 
Good job Bruins.

*hee heee*

What a load of crap. That was clearly a high stick on that goal, then they let play continue with the net off the mooring until Kane scores, then call it back. Horrible officiating in what was otherwise a great game.

Tee fucking hee.
 
Back
Top