My small pedalboard rebuild.

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
I'm trying to get all of my gear fixed, replaced or sold off by summertime right now. My big pedalboard is set but my small board hasn't really worked for me so I'm keeping an RC Booster and my Turbo tuner and getting a new drive and a delay. Right now The Analogman Prince of Tone is a front runner:

Not sure about a delay. This all has to fit on a Pedaltrain Nano and run off of a One Spot power supply. Part of me is thinking about getting another Carbon Copy and calling it a day.

That sounds pretty sweet, actually. The Carbon Copy is supposed to be pretty killer. I hear the Dunlop Echoplex EP103 delay is supposed to be cool, too.

There are a couple of Mojo Hand FX Recoil delays on reverb for way cheap. $80-$89. I really like mine. I just moved it back to my main delay.

I love the Echorec, but the multiple repeats and voicing aren't for everyone. Mark, you may want to look at an NOS Montavillian. They were discontinued last year.

I love the Echorec, but the multiple repeats and voicing aren't for everyone. Mark, you may want to look at an NOS Montavillian. They were discontinued last year.
I figure the Echorec isn't what I need but I'm curious about the Belle Epoch. I'll look at the Montavillian too.

I'm really liking thisL

One thing to note about the Belle Epoch is that it's in "buffered" mode by default. Some people like how their tone is colored when the effect is off, and some don't. There's an internal switch for true bypass, but that means no trails. Additionally, there's no way to not have the preamp on when the effect is on. Some people like that, some don't. Just laying it all out there for you.

Back