My small pedalboard rebuild.

I'm just getting this thing working for overdrives, a tuner and a delay. When I finally have a gig to use it for I'll figure out what kind of modulation. A cover gig is about chorus and anything I actually like will be phaser. I just don't have the cash to buy everything I want right now. Kinda missing my 1974 Phase 90 though.

Watching this kinda scared me when I went to mount the power supply:

The guy from CIOKS saying "If the Adam is too noisy you'll want to switch to a DC5" kinda put me off but it seems to work fine.

I think if I add the Carbon copy then there will be space for an extra modulation pedal if I need it but I'm not buying anything until I actually do need something.

I have been using mine for a few days with no problems. I have a tuner, a couple of Mojo Hand FX pedals, a Klone and a Cloud 9 reverb with no noise. Even with single coils.

I have been using mine for a few days with no problems. I have a tuner, a couple of Mojo Hand FX pedals, a Klone and a Cloud 9 reverb with no noise. Even with single coils.
I didn't notice any issues either.

Ok. I got a brand new carbon copy in the box (only missing the instructions and not even any Velcro on the bottom) for $105. I was expecting it to be pretty beat up for that price. Here is the basic setup finalized:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459553309.886338.jpg

As @help!imarock! Noticed on Facebook there is room for some sort of phaser or other modulation if needed.

So it turns out that the midrange thing that the Prince of Tone does so well sounds pretty bad with the Suhr Badger since it already has plenty of midrange on its own.

D'oh!

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk
Thats OK. This still sounds great with my Deluxe and the Holland it seems to work pretty well. I'll be curious next year when I get my KoT if I feel the same way about it. And most of the time when I play through backline amps they are some sort of Fender or 6l6 thing.

Thats OK. This still sounds great with my Deluxe and the Holland it seems to work pretty well. I'll be curious next year when I get my KoT if I feel the same way about it. And most of the time when I play through backline amps they are some sort of Fender or 6l6 thing.

So is the Suhr an el based tube and the Fender and Holland 6v6s?

I have noticed pedals that sound great in my 6v6 amp don't sound so hot in my AC15 and vice versa.

I have noticed pedals that sound great in my 6v6 amp don't sound so hot in my AC15 and vice versa.
EL34s and EL84s definitely have a greater midrange push than the US-type beam tetrodes.

Yeah. sometimes you end up having to match a pedal to the right amp.

EL34s and EL84s definitely have a greater midrange push than the US-type beam tetrodes.

Years ago when I bought a Mesa Mark I, it came with EL34s in it. When I went to put in new tunes, GC only had 6l6s in stock and I knew I could use them in the amp so I got them. At that time I had no idea they sounded different but as soon as I swapped them, I could tell the difference.

Back