MWGL's first Virtual Open Mic One Take (VOM1T)

Hohner Big River Harp (in a modified Lee Oskar rack),
what dpes that mean?

Lee Oskar Rack, as bought from store:
th

Lee Oskar rack, after modification:
1657c2c0-3aac-4658-abd1-c021ca1f03a5

Harmonica racks are designed for one size of person, but people come in various sizes... so I put it in my vise, heated the metal until it was red, bent it to fit me, then had it replated.

Next time you see a pic of Neil Young playing racked harp, look it how his has been modified.

Very Nice!
Thanks!

We had some really great tunes shared...let's do this every month, 2nd weekend...what say y'all?

I'll have one up in a bit. I'm rendering the video down to a small enough file upload on our shifty internet service.

Cat, I really like that, good stuff.

I wish to hell I could figure out who you remind me of...

also, you should send me that guitar :wink:

I will do mine tomorrow. Tried to do it earlier, but my voice is still toast from being sick.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Well, it is supposed to be one take, and I'm a little embarrassed (forgot the lyrics at one point!) but here it is. This is the first time I've tried to record anything using my TC Harmony Singer pedal. It's a fun toy, but it can be dangerous! Anyway -- done in the bedroom with an MIM standard FSR strat, a Vox Mini 3 amp (set to blackface) and the aforementioned pedal. Can't wait 'til next month!!!!

Howie, that sounds NOTHING like Bryan Adams :wink:
good stuff!
why is the vid flipped. though?

bsman, that was nice, I love your voice.

:lol:

I see that happen a lot, but I can't understand HOW it happens...something to do with the phone/camera thing, maybe?
being that I don't have one, I have no experience with 'em...

anyways, that was nicely done. kudos!

:lol:

I see that happen a lot, but I can't understand HOW it happens...something to do with the phone/camera thing, maybe?
being that I don't have one, I have no experience with 'em...

anyways, that was nicely done. kudos!

thanks.

Apple's "Photo Booth" program shows you a mirror image of the video as you're recording it. If you don't flip it before you upload it, it looks like you're left handed. That's all.

The song is from God Street Wine's album $1.99 Romances. I do it little justice.

ah, okay so it is kinda a phone thing (apple makes phones, close enough)

I don't know the orig tune, obviously, but I think you did a bang-up job on that, and I really like your voice.

I'm willing to bet if I looked up the orig, I'd prefer your version.
wanna flip a coin?

I recorded a version of criminal by Fiona Apple, but I'm having a hard time uploading it tonight. I will try tomorrow. I forgot some of the lyrics in the second verse but oh well

Nice Earthquakes Tshirt bsman :thu:

I listened to a bunch of these on the weekend before I started hacking up a lung. And I've been listening to the utubes today. As it is you guys are all very talented great stuff from everyone.

Back