MWGL's first Virtual Open Mic One Take (VOM1T)

Felt a bit warped, so just be glad I didn't make a video of this...

It kinda answers the off-asked, but, until now, never adequately answered question: What would Clapton sound like, if he had listened to Woody Guthrie more than Robert Johnson?...

http://terryallanhall.com/wonderful2.mp3

Taylor 355 12-string, Hohner Big River Harp (in a modified Lee Oskar rack), "Delta Drum Set" (foot activated washboard/stomp board), Shure SM-58, the last couple seconds due to sloppy editing...

The harmonica actually made me think of Apple Scruffs by George Harrison. That was great!

I was trying to shoot a video yesterday and got sidetracked by AT&T in all of their suckittude. I actually have an older video that works for this though. It is a one take version of "Can I take you home?" From my album that I did last year:

Can I take you home:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Damn, Mark. You make that look so easy. Great take on the song. You really carry even the solo part well for a one person performance.

Well, it is supposed to be one take, and I'm a little embarrassed (forgot the lyrics at one point!) but here it is. This is the first time I've tried to record anything using my TC Harmony Singer pedal. It's a fun toy, but it can be dangerous! Anyway -- done in the bedroom with an MIM standard FSR strat, a Vox Mini 3 amp (set to blackface) and the aforementioned pedal. Can't wait 'til next month!!!!

That sounded great. I need to work more with my harmony pedal.

Monday is still the weekend right? :embarrassed: I also didn't record it at the weekend but it was all one take and I reckon it sounds ok for an SM57 pointed vaguely at my guitar.

Hey, that was cool!

Mark -- is this gonna be a monthly thing? If so, I'ma hafta start working on a song for next month!

I've got my next idea. I'll be continuing with the acoustic '80s rock theme.

no, I'm just lazy when it comes to recording
I didn't need to learn anything for my entry, it's old hat, that tune.
as are theother 2 I have in mind.
if I wactualyl had to work something out, that'd me another matter.

then again, I did learn and record an A-Ha cover in an hour...

but my stuff takes a lot less work than anything else that's been posted.

Back