MWGL's first Virtual Open Mic One Take (VOM1T)

Here's mine. I sing this one with the band, so it was easy to just throw it together. Forgot the words in the second verse, though.

Very nicely done. Dig the 12 string. Is the phasing there in the mic setup or did you add that in post?

I will try NOT to make people vom1t....here are a couple a did awhile ago, all my recording are "open mike" one take for better or , mostly, for worse.

Tasty playing on the first one (and that is a sweet guitar as well :love:). Is the second one a Randy Newman song? I didn't recognize it, but the piano and lyric seem familiar. Anyway, good song and nice playing! :thu:

Mine might have to be late, I am sick as a dog,coughing my brains out,to the point that I may skip going to the LB Grand Prix tomorrow.

I planned on recording yesterday, but I can't sing.

Or breathe.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

I think the phasing is because I put the audio in Reaper to boost it and add some sheen, then when I placed it into iMovie, I forgot to mute the regular audio. So they're both playing simultaneously.

I think the phasing is because I put the audio in Reaper to boost it and add some sheen, then when I placed it into iMovie, I forgot to mute the regular audio. So they're both playing simultaneously.

So inadvertently in post? :wink:

Here's mine. I sing this one with the band, so it was easy to just throw it together. Forgot the words in the second verse, though.

That kicked serious ass.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

I will try NOT to make people vom1t....here are a couple a did awhile ago, all my recording are "open mike" one take for better or , mostly, for worse.

Very tasteful playing on the guitar--your bends especially are precise.

Felt a bit warped, so just be glad I didn't make a video of this...

It kinda answers the off-asked, but, until now, never adequately answered question: What would Clapton sound like, if he had listened to Woody Guthrie more than Robert Johnson?...

http://terryallanhall.com/wonderful2.mp3

Taylor 355 12-string, Hohner Big River Harp (in a modified Lee Oskar rack), "Delta Drum Set" (foot activated washboard/stomp board), Shure SM-58, the last couple seconds due to sloppy editing...

Last edited:
Felt a bit warped, so just be glad I didn't make a video of this...

It kinda answers the off-asked, but, until now, never adequately answered question: What would Clapton sound like, if he had listened to Woody Guthrie more than Robert Johnson?...

http://terryallanhall.com/wonderful2.mp3

Taylor 355 12-string, Hohner Big River Harp (in a modified Lee Oskar rack), "Delta Drum Set" (foot activated washboard/stomp board), Shure SM-58, the last couple seconds due to sloppy editing...
Very Nice!

I was trying to shoot a video yesterday and got sidetracked by AT&T in all of their suckittude. I actually have an older video that works for this though. It is a one take version of "Can I take you home?" From my album that I did last year:

Can I take you home:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

So the Brookfield Unitarian Universalist Church, of which I am a member, had their annual coffeehouse last night. I did my two newest songs, Stardust and Shadows and The Heart Has No Reason. This was recorded on the Fostex from the audience using the built-in mic.

Back