Like an Aztec sacrifice to the automotive gods they are cutting the heart of my truck

My buddy's '63 PU had the 327/Powerglide combo.
My '63 Impala had the same motor/tranny, too, but was de-stroked to 302 and ran 12.5:1 pistons. Shifting at 6000 RPM put it at between 50 and 55 MPH!

yeah....you think of a truck with a small block and imagine that it should be fairly quick but on the freeway here in CA you hit 60mph and it sounds like it's going to fly apart at any minute. I have a 350 transmission we are eventually going to put in it but we don't have the time to add it to this job right now. A third gear would be lovely though :embarrassed:

4b010533-3e50-b1d9.jpg

They screwed the hood back on to TOTALLY the wrong place! Make sure they don't attach the engine to the roof or something (although that would be kinda cool now I think about it).

tomorrow morning I get to start pulling everything apart, clean, replacing or repairing what's broken. Also discovered that I need several hoses, two wiring harnesses and both the radiator and heater core need to go out to repair small leaks. Also its an opportunity to finally put the Quadrajet carb and intake that I've had for probable 3 years on the truck, too.

I love Mark's truck.

Mark's truck = Jack.

Its a living thing. Mojo, and hope its back on the road healthy soon. :grin:

:weindog:

Since they are tearing it apart in a shop stall it puts a little pressure on me to get it finished so I'm not clogging the shop up...I'll be down there most of today cleaning and tearing things apart and suddenly my budget got busted by the amount of things we are finding need replacement now that we have the hood and radiator off. It'll be fun though :)

:weindog:

Since they are tearing it apart in a shop stall it puts a little pressure on me to get it finished so I'm not clogging the shop up...I'll be down there most of today cleaning and tearing things apart and suddenly my budget got busted by the amount of things we are finding need replacement now that we have the hood and radiator off. It'll be fun though :)

Its a worthy cause. :grin:

A guitar teacher with grease under the nails. Total win.

354242-bigthumbnail.jpg

You need to make it something that could advertise the store even when it's parked out front!!!!! (then your maintenance is tax deductible).

354242-bigthumbnail.jpg

You need to make it something that could advertise the store even when it's parked out front!!!!! (then your maintenance is tax deductible).

I have so many things to say about that picture that I'm going to not say right now.

And yes, the ultimate plan is to have it with Premier Music signage on the truck and use it for events and "passive marketing". It's just taking me 5 years to get to working on it :embarrassed:

You don't want tubbed out 22's with the underside of the truck scraping on every driveway and speed bump? :helper:

Did you find out what kind of small block that is yet?

yeah...from the casting numbers on the back it's actually a 305 made between 1980 to 1984 for passenger cars or light trucks. The heads are from the same era but possibly from a different block...the rebuilder didn't even bother to paint them orange when he put them back on except for the front where you can see it when the engine is in the truck.

Back