Like an Aztec sacrifice to the automotive gods they are cutting the heart of my truck

I did the same thing Mark, sold my '71 F100 and almost for the same reasons, needed some quick cash and wasn't driving it much.

I miss it and sometimes wish I still had it. We've all got a few of those though.

Clean it up good, get it running nice and smooth.

My truck went to classic car Valhalla as it was lost when the buyer lost his home in the fires yesterday :(

867E63CE-23F2-4A2F-A028-6EE7454A170E.jpeg
36E72447-F67F-4C43-8EA4-2B1E033C4EA1.jpeg

Man, that sucks. Sorry Mark.

I was scouting our neighborhood to see how close the fires were during the freak 2014 firestorm that happened in May of all months, and was pretty devastating. The one road out of the Harmony Grove area looked like a classic car show with people trying to save their pricey toys from the flames.

I remember one guy in particular in a "Ferrari" Dino that looked about 95% complete from restoration that looked terrified hoping that thing would keep running long enough to reach safety. It didn't sound "healthy" at all, and most of the exterior lights were still removed. Looked like he had the passenger seat full of parts.

Saw a metric shit ton of classic American Muscle, along with a drop dead gorgeous red Triumph TR-6, and a dead mint Datsun 1600 Roadster.

All these old dudes were like "fuck the house, I'm saving my wheels!".

I had to leave my meticulously and exceptionally expensively restored 280ZX and my '96 Twin Turbo 300ZX behind through 3 separate evacuations. I got damn lucky each time.

That's one of the biggest reasons I don't have any big boy toy cars anymore. I took this pic from our street just before we bailed from the 2014 fire...
d280de7bbf133f2ecdce9a23f6d97def.jpg

Back