Let's Have a Funny Pic Thread! Mk 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
wine.jpg

One time Training & Development decided to be good Supervisors we needed to hold 15 minute pre-shift meetings to brief our employees about what was going to happen during the shit. I held mine between the time clock and the office. A long meeting was 3 minutes.
I came up in a culture where we did this at the start of shift. It helped clarify wants, needs, etc.. to get the tasks done. It also helped clarify the goals for the day taking into consideration what was done the prior shift. It was also a time to review any safety issues.

It is all in how you use the time on whether or not it is productive.

I came up in a culture where we did this at the start of shift. It helped clarify wants, needs, etc.. to get the tasks done. It also helped clarify the goals for the day taking into consideration what was done the prior shift. It was also a time to review any safety issues.

It is all in how you use the time on whether or not it is productive.
Mostly we were a run and gun operation. We very rarely could plan our night ahead. We would hear from Group Sales that they had a wedding group that had to be picked up at a certain time (and usually required more resources than I had). These things were the only part of our night we could plan ahead. Mostly my meetings were, the dispatcher called in sick, who do you want to dispatch? We're short a driver, are you going to drive tonight? Decisions that required two seconds to make. Shift changes had to be made in literally minutes. As fast as the previous shift could do DOT post trips and my guys could do their pre-trips. All the while people would be bitching about wanting to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back