It's all baimun's fault...

I want one so bad. I have been fondling them at guitar stores since they first came out and it could be my #1. HNGD!

Another thing I do to increase the "Acoustic-ness" of mine is even though it came equipped with electric guitar strings, I string mine with D'Addario Phosphor Bronze 12-53's (EJ16).

I was kind of "meh" about the Taylor electrics when they first came out, but the more I see and hear of them, the more I like them. They're surprisingly good electric guitars IMO. Congrats!.

I really didn't like them when they first came out, but the Baimun Signature model won me over aesthetically. Forget all the superfluous crap and just make a freaking guitar!

I'm not in a situation to even think about one, but I have long coveted and am setting a path this year to get my poor man's version:

a6_ultra_natural.jpg

Obviously it doesn't have the same electronic set-up or Koa top (they do a limited koa-topped one, but it's actually a veneer over the solid cedar top...were it a solid koa top, I'd have to think about it). But I like the HB in the neck and while I don't mind piezos as much as others, I can pop the back and add a body sensor and potentially rewire the preamp (or have a qualified pro do it):

godin-a6-ultra-natural-207437.jpg

Wait ....isn't everything Baimun's fault?

secret0 You're starting to sound like his wife (and most everyone else's). :grin:

There's a local shop that carries Taylor, so it will be baiman and CBHScott's fault if I start ogling them.

The guitars, not the guys.

Last edited:
Another thing I do to increase the "Acoustic-ness" of mine is even though it came equipped with electric guitar strings, I string mine with D'Addario Phosphor Bronze 12-53's (EJ16).

I just so happened to be working about a mile away from CME yesterday, so I stopped by to see if they had DR Zebras (they didn't :( ), but I did pick up a set of the new D'Addario NYXLs, and an Elixir set. How do the Phosphor Bronzes sound with the mag pickups? If I can get at least a decent electric sound with them, they may be worth a shot :).

Back