It's all baimun's fault...

CBHScott

How did I get here?
...well, at least 30%, anyway :tongue:

image.jpg

It all started at Pragestock 2013, when I attended for the first time. I was somewhat intrigued by baimun's main axe, but me being the new guy, didn't bother him much about it, plus there were so many other guitars to oogle (ogle...oggle?)
image.jpg

Since that time, baimun's fierce undying love for this model was not lost on me.

Then I stumbled on Chapper's fucking video review of the latest version.

Bastard :mad:.

image.jpg

So I found a couple of higher-end ones at a GC recently, and it didn't take long for the GAS to build. So, I decided if I could find a good used one at a good price, I would fire.

image.jpg

And, come Monday morning, fire, I did:

image.jpg

In new condition at half price of a new one.

Spent three hours tonight putting it through the paces. Both through the C30 and the MIII. Wife thinks it's the nicest guitar I've ever had.

I agree :).

image.jpg

Now, who wants a minty Brian May (not) Red Special for under $600 shipped?

Very nice choice!!! I rarely ever take mine out of that first (closest to the strap) setting.... the combination of neck pickup and body sensor are better than any piezo I've used.

The amplified clarity is really good, and you can dirty it up quite well, too. The PV C30 dirt channel likes it :cool:.

Yeah. It was almost like having a modeling guitar...without the models. He did acoustic, the pop stuff, the funk, the rock and the polka with it. Wasn't much it couldn't do...convincingly. It isn't going to "nail" the proverbial tone of any guitar but with the right rig, you can make it sound at home almost anywhere.

Very nice choice!!! I rarely ever take mine out of that first (closest to the strap) setting.... the combination of neck pickup and body sensor are better than any piezo I've used.

Because piezo pickups suck donkey balls. I can fart better tones than a piezo.

Yeah, the first two settings I like the most so far, but the others are no slouches, either :).

If I were going to do any mods, I would wire the bridge humbucker to have it's own output and either have position 5 be that pickup by itself, and 4 be the same as that position 1 plus the bridge hum at the same time (but going out two different outputs) or I would put another volume close to the bridge for the humbucker. obviously that last one is my least favorable idea because of the extra hole in the face (the extra output by itself wouldn't be that big of a cosmetic issue, but would provide good functionality.)

I think I'm going to experiment with dual outputs on a far less expensive guitar before I think about any surgery on my #1.

HNGD! Very nice.

BTW, can you post larger pics? I'm having trouble getting a good look at it. :)

Back