Hot dogs!

I have never understood the Vienna beef love either. They are a small step above Ball Park dogs.

There's a place up in Northern Wisconsin (about halfway between Green Bay and Wausau, ya hey!) called Nueske's that makes a mean hotdog. I buy their smoked bacon a couple times a year and like the cheddar-bacon brats, too
I've never had their hot dogs, but I love their bacon

If I remember correctly it was on Broadway several blocks south of times square.

I don't think it's there anymore. Nathan's closed a bunch of locations, but recently I've been seeing Nathan's carts. Either way, the only Nathan's worth going to is in Coney, and even that is more about the experience than the dog.

My wife recently found some jumbo dogs at the grocery store. Very tasty. I'll see if I can find the brand.

They're actually a smoked sausage, but they have the texture of a hot dog.
Pork and chicken based. I expected pork, with Schneiders being a huge pork product company, but the chicken is a surprise.
IMG_5237.JPG

Coney, heroin and hot dogs.

I usually make one trip out to Coney every year. Usually for a Cyclones game. Every year there's more development and the City is putting a ton of money into the area. Still, you can find heroin pretty easy. :embarrassed:

I usually make one trip out to Coney every year. Usually for a Cyclones game. Every year there's more development and the City is putting a ton of money into the area. Still, you can find heroin pretty easy. :embarrassed:
Is Seagate still a private community? That's where my grandmother and aunt lived until about the 80's.

Is Seagate still a private community? That's where my grandmother and aunt lived until about the 80's.
Didn't Sandy wipe out most of Seagate? I haven't been there in a few years,but a woman I worked with grew up there. She said it was devastated after the hurricane.

They're actually a smoked sausage, but they have the texture of a hot dog.
Pork and chicken based. I expected pork, with Schneiders being a huge pork product company, but the chicken is a surprise.
View attachment 33761

La Francaise on the package immediately disqualifies it from being considered as a hot dog, which are, as everybody knows, totally American and not at all French and gay... That's why they're so good with Freedom Fries™... :wink:

I have never understood the Vienna beef love either. They are a small step above Ball Park dogs.

Unless you've been to Chicago and had a Vienna hot dog done up in the proper Chicago style (with a paper bag of fries that would could read a newspaper through), I have to forgive you, because you know not what you say.

Didn't Sandy wipe out most of Seagate? I haven't been there in a few years,but a woman I worked with grew up there. She said it was devastated after the hurricane.

Sandy devastated the entire southern coast of Long Island and Seagate was no exception. There's been a lot of work down there to rebuild and Seagate is one of the communities leading the way. There's also a ton of development in Far Rockaway and people are moving out there in droves.

Unless you've been to Chicago and had a Vienna hot dog done up in the proper Chicago style (with a paper bag of fries that would could read a newspaper through), I have to forgive you, because you know not what you say.
I did that in '84. It was good,but the dog itself is meh.

Sandy devastated the entire southern coast of Long Island and Seagate was no exception. There's been a lot of work down there to rebuild and Seagate is one of the communities leading the way. There's also a ton of development in Far Rockaway and people are moving out there in droves.
My Aunt Marion owned a large house on the landward side of the street that went along the beach a block or two before the amusement parks. I used to sit on their balcony and watch the ships come into the harbor was a kid. The last time I was there was the year of the US Festival because I remember the old folks complaining about it that weekend.

Back