Hot dogs!

DFB

Kick Henry Jackassowski
The toasted cheese dog thread got me craving a dog.

What are the brands you guys buy?
It's a regional thing in my eyes.
As a New Yorker,Sabrett,Hebrew National ,and Boar's Head are my go to brands. I was never a fan of Nathan's.

Nathan's Famous - the hot dog you taste for a week. *burp*

My wife recently found some jumbo dogs at the grocery store. Very tasty. I'll see if I can find the brand.

Ah the hot dog, the prince of sandwiches. :embarrassed:

TBH I like any of the upscale brands of hot dogs I've tried. Hebrew National might be a favorite.

I also like plain ol' Oscar Meyer.

I REALLY like the hot-dog-sized brats, but that might not technically be a hot dog.

Nathan's Famous - the hot dog you taste for a week. *burp*

My wife r dently found some jumbo dogs at the grocery store. Very tasty. I'll see if I can find the brand.

We went to Nathans in coney island when we visited NYC last year.

I'm not really a hot dog guy but the lady sometimes buys poshdogs from m&s which are more like massive link sausages than hot dogs.

I can't remember the last time I bought hotdogs for home preparation. I love dogs, but I guess I pretty much only eat them out at hotdog spots. vienna beef is the regional standard 'round these parts..

Around here, my easy choice is Hebrew National.

Has to 100% beef for me, so there are a few that I like.

At a stand?..Gray's Papaya. Nathan's sucks..even at Coney Island. And don't get me started on Pink's (Hollywood) and their ****ty 7-11-quality dog they try and hide under toppings. Caveat: I have lived up and won both coasts, but still not made it to Chicago to visit.

Around here, my easy choice is Hebrew National.

Has to 100% beef for me, so there are a few that I like.

At a stand?..Gray's Papaya. Nathan's sucks..even at Coney Island. And don't get me started on Pink's (Hollywood) and their ****ty 7-11-quality dog they try and hide under toppings. Caveat: I have lived up and won both coasts, but still not made it to Chicago to visit.
agreed on gray's papaya vs nathans and pink's

I never heard of Gray's or Pinks. Will try to check them out.
Continental Sausage here in Denver does make some interesting dogs. Exotic kind of ingredients.

I never heard of Gray's or Pinks. Will try to check them out.
Continental Sausage here in Denver does make some interesting dogs. Exotic kind of ingredients.
gray's papaya is a chain in NYC; pink's an iconic (and extremely over-hyped) place in LA, although I think they have locations outside of LA.

gray's papaya is a chain in NYC; pink's an iconic (and extremely over-hyped) place in LA, although I think they have locations outside of LA.
Oh,I think I saw Bourdain stop there in an episode.
Another reason is I am a New Yorker, avoid Manhattan like the plague. You can't even get good pizza in Manhattan. You hit it up for concerts,plays...

Last edited:
I don't eat them much, but I do love good hot dogs. My issue is I want them in the natural casings and those are next to impossible to find any more.

The store bought brands I'll get.
Nathans
Hebrew National
Ballpark Park's Finest
Sabrett
Boar's Head

Back