Hockey fans - thoughts on the playoffs?

and the Habs hang up their skates for the season.

I'm having a hard time making a pick between the ducks and Blackhawks. From the few games I've seen, I'm leaning towards the ducks, however, Chicago has been looking very strong.

Blackhawks in 6.

As for Suban, a little hubris and a little more experience will do him some good.....he's a good player, but he's not dominant......yet. Give him a few years....let's see how he does.

Rangers pulled it out..........has to be a good feeling scoring the game 7 OT goal in the playoffs.

Yeah, I can't imagine how that must feel!

Now NY takes on TB and they were involved in a big trade last year swapping Callahan and St Louis. Callahan is out but I don't know for how long. I'd like to see New York pull it off in part to throw it in Yzerman's face for treating St Louis poorly (IMO). Also, Lundquist should be in a final.

Anyone who could possibly beat The Hawks or The Ducks would deserve to be Stanley Cup champs - I don't think either of the eastern teams could beat either of the western teams but hey, I have been wrong before.

Yeah, I can't imagine how that must feel!

Now NY takes on TB and they were involved in a big trade last year swapping Callahan and St Louis. Callahan is out but I don't know for how long. I'd like to see New York pull it off in part to throw it in Yzerman's face for treating St Louis poorly (IMO). Also, Lundquist should be in a final.

Anyone who could possibly beat The Hawks or The Ducks would deserve to be Stanley Cup champs - I don't think either of the eastern teams could beat either of the western teams but hey, I have been wrong before.

Hawks over Ducks in 6

Rangers over Lightning in 6

Hawks over Rangers in 5.

So it is written.
:wink:

So I did ok in the previous round only missing the Hawks because I didn't trust their goal-tending which turned out to be pretty good actually. The Caps/Rangers series was great yesterday's game was a treat to watch. Lots of great action and great goal-tending from both sides. Kind of feel bad for Ovi and Holtby (especially) as they played well enough to win

On to the conference finals

I'm not completely sold on the Ducks goalie either and he did not play great in spite of pretty weak competition I thought. Both teams have solid lines across the board. The Hawks have better D I think particularly in their top 4. So it will come down to the goal-tending again and I'm going to go with the Hawks (that and the fact that I have been one of those guys yelling "Fuck the Ducks" at games in the past cop0) Hawks in 6

Rangers and Lightening could be very entertaining as well. TB will need to bring the same performance they did in game 6 in order to win. They were badly outplayed at times by Montreal and only the fact that Price didn't have a great series and the fact that Montreal isn't blessed with snipers saved them. Otherwise it could have gone the other way. The Rangers can match them in speed, have as good a goalie and better D than Montreal. But the Rangers have been doing just enough to win...all their gams have been wins or losses by 1 goal. Nash has been invisible for the most part...does that change? I think it does and will (because my hockey friend is a Rangers fan) will pick the Rangers to go back the finals in 6 as well (all by 1 goal :shrug:)

Here's where I lose interest...
When the refs call 4 penalties in a row against one team in the 7th game of the playoffs,I lose my cool...
When one gets to the point of saying,"I don't care who wins now",then it's not the same ..

Oh sure,I'll watch....Not the same though..

These next couple days I'll be watching the IIHF..

http://www.iihfworlds2015.com/

I would love to see Hawks vs. Rangers final, and so would the NHL and NBC.

Hawks in 7; Rangers in 7.

Hawks over Rangers in 5, taking the Cup at home for a change :thu:.

Canada was unreal today shutting down Russia.
Ya....Sure surprised me....I expected it to be a lot closer.................

The IIHF tournament produced some pretty good hockey though...Better than this years NHL playoffs in many regards...

Ducks win 4-1. The game was much closer, and both teams played well, but the Hawks made the most costly mistakes, and Andersen was brilliant in goal for the Ducks. Ehh, whatever, I wont panic, but the Hawks cannot go down 2-0 to this team

Mark....Someone titled Ignored Member is messing around with your shit...Just so you know........

Back