Hockey fans - thoughts on the playoffs?

I heard the news and said "WHO!?!?"

My reaction was one more along these lines......

anifp

Yeah, you know....good thing there weren't any proven NHL level coaches available.

Seriously.....What in the actual FUCK?

:rd:

Better learn to love some East Coast vs West Coast playoff hockey for awhile, because this train-wreck is gonna end badly.

Interestingly enough.....I commented on the Flyers' website and asked if this was a joke and gave the new coach a half-season, or less if he starts 0-8.
Can't seem to see that comment anywhere, though.........:lol:

Welcome to the NHL. Especially the Flyers. Where good players (and coaches!) go to die.
The list is endless.

This is a fucking train-wreck of a decision, you mark my words.

You can't fire the coach because your personnel decisions suck.
The Flyers suck because of the choices they made on defense.
Not because of the coach.
I don't care WHO you put in there, it's not his fault. He doesn't actually play the game.....

What a horror show.

Last edited:
Ducks surprised me too. But then again Hawks did have a lot of shots so I'll withhold judgement for a while still.

Russia showed pretty poor sportsmanship at the WC. I know it must suck to be out there while the other team celebrated but that's the way the games are played and you know that ahead of time.

As for the new HC of the Flyers...hey you never know. I'm sure some might have said similar things about Jon Cooper and now he's considered one of the best coaches in the game :shrug:

Curious as to what you dudes' opinions are as to where Babcock is going\staying???

I'd love to see him with the Pens but I know they can't afford him.............

I hope we're not in for another snooze fest tonight with the Rangers...

I haven't been more bored watching hockey since the 90's Devils...

Mark and Glen need to retire from the sport and leave it to the exciting young people...........

Honestly in the end I think he stays with Detroit. He knows he's got a good core still and I cannot see him wanting to go to TO (they are the ones likely to throw tons of money at him) or Buffalo. The Sharks are supposed to have an interest but I don't see that either since it seems a dysfunctional organization now

I'm within minutes of not being able to watch this shit....Our game is too fucked....

Thanks Europe....For nothing........

Honestly in the end I think he stays with Detroit. He knows he's got a good core still and I cannot see him wanting to go to TO (they are the ones likely to throw tons of money at him) or Buffalo. The Sharks are supposed to have an interest but I don't see that either since it seems a dysfunctional organization now

The St Louis Blues have talked to him also. I'm not sure they can afford him though. They lose millions every season when they spend at the cap and fail in the first round of the playoffs. He would come into a winning situation that falls flat in the playoffs. If he could get the blues to the Stanley Cup, he would be a hero in this town.

Last nights game was boring...no drama.

Tampa can score in bunches especially on the PP. But when they got the SH goal I figured it was going to be a long night for the Rangers.

St. Louis....Good on that little piece of shit...

Not good enough to make Team Canada.....Scored on his own team....Good..........

I never expect hate for St Louis. So non-greasy, non-cheap shot. Not a bad word after being shunned by Team Canada last year when he should have been a shoe-in...and this from me, who hated him because Tampa Bay played Calgary in the 2004 final.

Have a donut Wayne. You too, Wayne. And Garth.
stan-mikita.jpg

:(

Guess we didn't want to pay him, but he certainly was for sale.
One more reason I am fucking disgusted with the Flyers.
What? You don't have the money?

Fucktards.

I didn't think Babcock would go to the Leafs but given the money I can see why. At least for the 1st 2 or 3 years he can claim rebuilding a badly broken roster (not too far off either). If he gets to the playoffs and wins a series he will be a demigod in TO.

If he wins the cup he'll be a GOD.

Only saw the end of the game last night bummer for my friend's Rangers. Doesn't seem like King Hank is playing all that well (2 6 goal games). Tampa does have a lot of scoring talent and is getting good goaltending for the most part. The Rangers appear to be in much more trouble than against the Caps

Ya.....IMO it's really anyone's cup now....

Betting on any one of the four remaining teams would be a crap shoot.......

Back