Here's the latest Micwalt's Backing Track™: Drop D Rawk Jam--Give it a go!

Fantastic!
I especially liked what you did with the first verse section--very cool.
:thu:

Thanks Mike :)...I'm going to be practicing over this track for a while..great track to play over. I find it really hard to solo for more than a minute....most of our songs aren't that long :grin: :embarrassed:

ok... here's my take... i'll admit... it's pretty damn sloppy... i haven't played much guitar in the past few months... heck, this was the first time that i even turned on my home studio it almost 8 months... this is the first time that i've even picked up my guitar for more than 10 min

for the recording, i used my jackson pc1 into my line 6 pod xt live into my mbox... again, it's sloppy, but i there are some good ideas(i think so anyway)... with a little practice, i can get my chops back...

http://users.bandzoogle.com/johnmendoza/go/music-download?id=490731

ok... here's my take... i'll admit... it's pretty damn sloppy... i haven't played much guitar in the past few months... heck, this was the first time that i even turned on my home studio it almost 8 months... this is the first time that i've even picked up my guitar for more than 10 min

for the recording, i used my jackson pc1 into my line 6 pod xt live into my mbox... again, it's sloppy, but i there are some good ideas(i think so anyway)... with a little practice, i can get my chops back...

:rawk:..great playing as usual mystix :thu:..I really like the whammy stuff and the licks around 1.23...very cool.

Nice take. Definitely some good ideas in there. I liked all the whammy stuff too.

Again, cool takes everyone. I have one to post, but didn't have time to mix it down this morning. I'll get to that after I get home from work.

Again, cool takes everyone. I have one to post, but didn't have time to mix it down this morning. I'll get to that after I get home from work.

Look forward to it :)

Mark, are you going to move this to the BT forum?...I was going to stick a jam track in there over the weekend, but thought people might want more time on this first...

Look forward to it :)

Mark, are you going to move this to the BT forum?...I was going to stick a jam track in there over the weekend, but thought people might want more time on this first...

I probably should at this point...

Any more takers for Micwalts excellent backing track?...c'mon!...you guys do play guitar right? :cop0:

Bad Asssssssssssssss

Man, that's some great Riffs. I'm jamming along with it at work :santareindeer:

That's a really bloody good take requiem :thu:...very tasty pentatonic/mixolydian licks, very nice "contour" to your lines..quite singable, which is always a good thing. Excellent job!.

Thanks, mo! :thu:

I felt ok about it. I might do something I don't usually do, and go back to learn the parts I like.

Here's mine. I did 4-5 takes and liked this one best. It's ok - a little sloppy at points.

http://www.box.net/shared/y2exysgss9

In retrospect, the lead part could probably be a bit louder.

Hey, I like the melodic stuff you had going in the verse sections. This is a great take, as well as another great example of what I love about backing track threads: it sounds nothing like what I played, which sounds nothing like what Mo played, etc.

Hey, I like the melodic stuff you had going in the verse sections. This is a great take, as well as another great example of what I love about backing track threads: it sounds nothing like what I played, which sounds nothing like what Mo played, etc.

Yeah, we definitely all had different approaches to it. I think it's really beneficial to hear everyone's approach - especially over something like the verse section in this track, where you can treat it as a key change if you want. Thanks for providing the backing - it's a lot of fun to play on. :thu:

Back