Here's the latest Micwalt's Backing Track™: Drop D Rawk Jam--Give it a go!

The backing track is great!

Unfortunately, the last thing anyone wants to hear is me soloing for 3 1/2 minutes. 30 seconds is about my max, though I may give it a shot. I probably just won't post it here.

:eek: I hate you :mad: :embarrassed: :thu:..awesome take. I love the slide at the beginning and the major/minor Pentatonic tonality....very tasty...:thu:....I always seem to run towards harmonic minor/minor land on this type of thing...after that first part that is.. That's euro's for you! :grin:

I was playing over this this morning. Really fun! Looking forward to laying something down tomorrow. :)

Oh yeah - Mike and Mo - you guys killed on it. I'm feeling pressure. :eek:

Do it! :thu:..I love doing these..it's a real lesson for me hearing how all you guys approach this stuff...the more different styles, the more I can steal from :embarrassed:

:eek: I hate you :mad: :embarrassed: :thu:..awesome take. I love the slide at the beginning and the major/minor Pentatonic tonality....very tasty...:thu:....I always seem to run towards harmonic minor/minor land on this type of thing...after that first part that is.. That's euro's for you! :grin:

Thanks, man. This actually was kind of an interesting one to do because of the shift from major to minor pent. Also, no scale runs seemed to sound good to me (and I always fall back on fast scale noodling), so I was forced to stick to other stuff.

Do it! :thu:..I love doing these..it's a real lesson for me hearing how all you guys approach this stuff...the more different styles, the more I can steal from :embarrassed:

That's what I love about the backing tracks. Five different people can approach the same backing five different ways. It's quite an eye opener.
:thu:

I'm going to take a whack at this in a bit...

I am not. :cry:
4196222120_ed941ee769.jpg

But I am sure that I'll enjoy listening to you guys' efforts.

:(
Wha happen?
:confused:
I did this playing cricket back in the summer.
4108988175_1ce68c5e60.jpg

The bones are actually OK, but the ligaments are shot. This is not the first time that the finger has been damaged, and the ligaments couldn't be repaired without an extremely high risk of leaving it straight, but permanently rigid. Instead, a wedge-shaped section has been removed from the bottom bone, such that the still bent finger will come down between the index and ring fingers when I flex it, rather than on top of the ring finger which is what happens at the moment. I am not entirely convinced that this will be much of an improvement, but on the other hand don't really see that it can be much worse than the current situation, so I agreed to have the operation.

Cricket and guitar-playing are, it would seem, not entirely compatible hobbies. C'est la vie. *shrugs*

Back