1998 Fender California Series Telecaster
1998 Taylor 310
1989 Yamaha Weddington Classic
2012 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
2008 Gretsch 6128 TVP Pro Jet
2007 Fender Vintage Hot Rod '62 Stratocaster
2003 Lowden O25c

DSC_9777.jpg

Alas, if I had gone to law school I probably would have done something stupid like be a PD and spend my weekends doing pro bono work (and maybe some anti-Bono work) and I still wouldn't have any money. If someone gave me the goose that laid golden eggs it would quit laying the next day. Whatever I do I have this habit of getting in on the low end.

Have you gotten back to playing out live again?

I had been playing with Crash Pad until my jaw went south last year, so I've been off for almost a year and a half. Now that that sitch has stabilized I hope to get that band back up and running. One factor mucking it up was that my garage door busted and couldn't be lifted, and that's where we practice (literally a garage band, haha!). But my neighbor recently came over and we got it marginally working, so we are looking to get back soon. Weekend after this'un should be a 3/4 practice w/me and the rhythm section.

Side band (weirdo/performance art) has also been on hiatus, as its leader got married a couple months ago. Once Crash Pad is ready, we'll probably do a double bill with them. Looking forward to that, as this is Crash Pad's 20th Anniversary year.

I did play out with some friends in an Irish music band a few weeks back. Fun but a little nerve-wracking as I gigged on but one practice for an hour-long set, and was using shared music with the piper, or just winging it by looking at the guitarist's left hand.

1173768_10204847394899720_2739802097756571296_n.jpg

Most lawyers don't make "lawyer money." It is a very small percentage of lawyers who make the big $£€¥. But it's still good sport to make fun of lawyers. Who else are people going to make fun of - oil traders? Just not the same.

True dat. Maybe bankers? Politicians? Used-car salesmen?

:wink:

414D159B-F437-4D1C-8BC7-116CB1A0A526.jpg

L to R
2000 G&L ASAT Bass
1992 Hamer Special
G&L Tribute Fallout
1986 Fender AVRI 57 Stratocaster
1977 Ovation Preacher
1982 G&L SC-3
1998 Fender CIJ 72 Tele Custom
1966 Kay Speed Demon
1997 Fender CIJ 62 Jaguar
1995 Hamer Special Custom
1966 Fender Mustang
2002 Epiphone LP Custom
2016 Fender AV Thin Skin 65 Jazzmaster
1967 Guild Starfire IV

05B5DCB6-4901-4490-9B15-2F9D25CF30F5.jpg

Guild D4-NT
Fender Mandolin
Weissenborn Style 3
Ovation Balladeer

Not shown - partscaster Tele, Fender HRR 60's Strat, Charvel CX290, Sho-bud pedal steel, Ibanez Performer acoustic

Mine finally stopped exploding. Losing an office worth of storage space will do that!

To say nothing of medical bills, haha.

I have to like the good attitude to find humour in your troubles. It's what I always strive for myself, and not always achieve. I will be selling a few of mine soon.

I have to like the good attitude to find humour in your troubles. It's what I always strive for myself, and not always achieve. I will be selling a few of mine soon.

I've been very fortunate. I have insurance. I have had to do a couple internal administrative claim appeals but so far they haven't otherwise tried to stiff me. So I haven't been financially compelled to sell anything. There is about $10K still pending in claim limbo with the insurer currently, though.

I did sell a Gibby Les Paul Special awhile back, and replace it with a rather less expensive Epiphone '57 RI Junior, so I made a few hundred net, on that downgrade. And just put the profit in the joint checking account to pay bills. But that'd always been in the works, or at least the selling part, as I bought the LP Special for a friend who lost it to a pawn, and held onto it for several years for him until he could buy it back. So I had bought that'un with the intention of selling it anyhow.

I've been very fortunate. I have insurance. I have had to do a couple internal administrative claim appeals but so far they haven't otherwise tried to stiff me. So I haven't been financially compelled to sell anything. There is about $10K still pending in claim limbo with the insurer currently, though.

I did sell a Gibby Les Paul Special awhile back, and replace it with a rather less expensive Epiphone '57 RI Junior, so I made a few hundred net, on that downgrade. And just put the profit in the joint checking account to pay bills. But that'd always been in the works, or at least the selling part, as I bought the LP Special for a friend who lost it to a pawn, and held onto it for several years for him until he could buy it back. So I had bought that'un with the intention of selling it anyhow.

You were never a brand name freak anyway.

Posted this a while back but it hasn't really changed. I sold my parts telemaster already, just wasn't getting on with it. Shame as I spent so much time on the finish. Also considering trading the LP for another SG, someone has offered me a 2013 Standard with the small pg which I prefer. Get annoyed with the LP weight and bulk.

IMG_9018.jpg

2003 Gibson SG Standard
2000 Guild Blues 90
2012 Reverend Club King 290
1997 Fender California Series Stratocaster
1998 Fender California Series Telecaster
1998 Taylor 310
1989 Yamaha Weddington Classic
2012 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
2008 Gretsch 6128 TVP Pro Jet
2007 Fender Vintage Hot Rod '62 Stratocaster
2003 Lowden O25c