"Guitar Family" pics

guitfam2.jpg

The Mrs. would be mad if she saw all my guits out together. I had to wait for a free moment to bring them out for a group shot.

I need to take a new pic but I am going to wait on my tele build. I think that is going to come together faster than I thought.

IMGP9864_zps4jcnvrdx.jpg

Left to right:
Ibanez 12-string
Taylor 710ce Solid sitka spruce top, solid rosewood back and sides
Ibanez AM-93
Epiphone LP Plus Top
Alex Chase 12-String electric
Fender Deluxe Player Strat
Fender Special Edition 60's Strat in Daphne Blue
PRS SE 30th Anniversary Custom 24
Peavey USA Limited HB
Gretsch 5420T - White
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar - Olympic White
Takamine EG523SC-12 - solid spruce top, flamed maple back and sides
Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE - solid sitka spruce top, solid mahagony back and sides
Takamine Glenn Frey Signature - solid spruce top, solid rosewood back, rosewood sides

Hi, I'm Bob and I am a guitar addict! :wink:

If I had known the key to feeding my addictions was having lawyer money I would have gone to law school.

Haha, the funny (funny sad, not funny haha) thing is, I have yet to really make "lawyer money," for the most part. Up through 2012, at my former firm, I made REALLY crappy money. But I could dress as I pleased, made my own hours, stored a shit-ton of gear in my office, and used the building after hours for band practices, in the library, across the hall from my individual office.

In 2013 we closed up shop, and I was fortunate to get a job with my current employer, who was one of my prior firm's satisfied clients. He gave me a raise in excess of one-third my prior salary, but that was such a paltry sum to begin with, my current pay could be doubled without being outlandish.

That said, I'm not complaining. I have a roof over my head, a ridiculous number of guitars and amps (albeit nothing pricey-- most I've spent on a guitar is $750 for my Les Paul Classic), and 3 cars in the driveway (although the 2 that are paid off are pretty ancient and beat to hell). The bright spot financially (besides my wife also being employed, albeit as a public school teacher, so no money there, but at least health insurance) is that in addition to my current employer, for whom I work full time, I kept in touch with another four former clients from the predecessor firm, and do the occasional weekend project for them. For those projects, it's pretty much all profit, no overhead, and $150/hour (which sounds like a lot, and is, but my main employer bills my time at $395/hr, for perspective, and that's not shockingly high for a published author with excess of 30 years experience).

So, even between my main employment and side jobs, I'm still not really making what most would think of as lawyer money, but I ain't complainin'. Those guitars go back in some cases to the mid-Seventies, and they just kinda accumulate over time. :wink:

Haha, the funny (funny sad, not funny haha) thing is, I have yet to really make "lawyer money," for the most part. Up through 2012, at my former firm, I made REALLY crappy money. But I could dress as I pleased, made my own hours, stored a shit-ton of gear in my office, and used the building after hours for band practices, in the library, across the hall from my individual office.

In 2013 we closed up shop, and I was fortunate to get a job with my current employer, who was one of my prior firm's satisfied clients. He gave me a raise in excess of one-third my prior salary, but that was such a paltry sum to begin with, my current pay could be doubled without being outlandish.

That said, I'm not complaining. I have a roof over my head, a ridiculous number of guitars and amps (albeit nothing pricey-- most I've spent on a guitar is $750 for my Les Paul Classic), and 3 cars in the driveway (although the 2 that are paid off are pretty ancient and beat to hell). The bright spot financially (besides my wife also being employed, albeit as a public school teacher, so no money there, but at least health insurance) is that in addition to my current employer, for whom I work full time, I kept in touch with another four former clients from the predecessor firm, and do the occasional weekend project for them. For those projects, it's pretty much all profit, no overhead, and $150/hour (which sounds like a lot, and is, but my main employer bills my time at $395/hr, for perspective, and that's not shockingly high for a published author with excess of 30 years experience).

So, even between my main employment and side jobs, I'm still not really making what most would think of as lawyer money, but I ain't complainin'. Those guitars go back in some cases to the mid-Seventies, and they just kinda accumulate over time. :wink:
Have you gotten back to playing out live again?

If I had known the key to feeding my addictions was having lawyer money I would have gone to law school.
Most lawyers don't make "lawyer money." It is a very small percentage of lawyers who make the big $£€¥. But it's still good sport to make fun of lawyers. Who else are people going to make fun of - oil traders? Just not the same.

Back