Guitar Build 2017!

I got a report last night that the bookmatch slicing operation was a success. Supposed to pick it up tonight.

Also weighed all my parts last night and was pleasantly surprised at 7 3/4 pounds.

A little lighter would be nice but 8 pounds was kinda my upper limit and it appears I'm there already.

This body looks cool as a slab but that bookmatch is gonna be off the charts. Should I use it here or save it for another build down the road?
That's a tough question. I really like it as-is. How big is the bookmatch? Like, could you use it down the road for something 335 size, or would it have to be a smaller-bodied build? If it's the former, I'd hang onto it and go with what you've got. If not, I'd slap it on.

That's a tough question. I really like it as-is. How big is the bookmatch? Like, could you use it down the road for something 335 size, or would it have to be a smaller-bodied build? If it's the former, I'd hang onto it and go with what you've got. If not, I'd slap it on.

The bookmatch is tele sized. Too short to even use on a Les Paul.

Then I'd use it now, unless you were already considering building another T-style in the future.

No, the next one I have brewing is a kind of Dano Pro/Nonreverse Firebird kinda thing.
I want to add another P90 to the white guitar (I really should name that thing :lol:) then put a pair of firebirds in an offset of some sort. And I want it to be yellow.

No, the next one I have brewing is a kind of Dano Pro/Nonreverse Firebird kinda thing.
I want to add another P90 to the white guitar (I really should name that thing :lol:) then put a pair of firebirds in an offset of some sort. And I want it to be yellow.
Someday, somehow, you're going to start a project with imperfect wood so as to realize your yellow guitar.

It would probably end up cool looking somehow. LOL

Sent from my Moto X 2014 using Tapatalk

No accounting for taste. Somebody thought this worthy of a clear finish.

image.jpg

Back