Guitar Build 2017!

image.jpg

Getting these marks out of the end grain is a bitch!

A plan is in the works. I met a guy who lives not too far away and posts builds at TDPRI. He has a pretty decent shop.
Tonight, I met him like a drug dealer in a convenience store parking lot and made the exchange.
I gave him that wicked figured walnut board to split open. I'm gonna see if I can make a bookmatch top out of it.
If it works, I also have some maple left over from the neck that I can make binding out of.
Fingers crossed.

image.jpg

Imagine that with the right hand side being the center line.

Not bad. Just a little more detail cleanup is all that's needed now. I'm not going to worry about the marks on the floor, as it'll all be covered with copper tape in here anyway.

image.jpg

Last operation tonight. Side dots.
I drilled 1/8" holes, taped an filled holes with white epoxy. Tomorrow, I'll sand them smooth.

image.jpg

I got a report last night that the bookmatch slicing operation was a success. Supposed to pick it up tonight.

Also weighed all my parts last night and was pleasantly surprised at 7 3/4 pounds.

A little lighter would be nice but 8 pounds was kinda my upper limit and it appears I'm there already.

This body looks cool as a slab but that bookmatch is gonna be off the charts. Should I use it here or save it for another build down the road?

Back