Does anyone use a "wake up light" alarm clock?

mine can be set to play bird sounds which start at the end of the brightening and also gradually escalate in volume over a minute or so until they're screeching away loudly enough to distort the speaker slightly. no one's sleeping through that.

I hate that shit. For years I just used a buzzer, but a few weeks ago I programmed my iPhone to play Bill Frisell's cover of "Surfer Girl". It's much nicer, but I still fucking hate waking up in the dark.

as do I ...everyday at 4:15-4;30...wait am I having a conversation with myself :embarrassed: anyway my back up is a furry four legged creature who will either stand on top of me, lick me in the face or paw me in the face...whichever mood he is in that day

Chip the gerbil wakes no one. Rodents are nihilists who don’t believe in clock time.

I hate that shit. For years I just used a buzzer, but a few weeks ago I programmed my iPhone to play Bill Frisell's cover of "Surfer Girl". It's much nicer, but I still fucking hate waking up in the dark.
I hear you. I've found that I need to be a bit irritated to motivate actually getting out of bed.

I'm gonna pair it with my regular alarm. But I could use the extra "sunlight".

My wife would tell me to 'turn that damn light off!'. I get up long before she does, and have a dim light in the room to get dressed by so it doesn't wake her up. I don't like being bitched at at 4:30am.

My wife would tell me to 'turn that damn light off!'. I get up long before she does, and have a dim light in the room to get dressed by so it doesn't wake her up. I don't like being bitched at at 4:30am.

My wife wakes up before me and hates that I'm not a morning person. She'll think it's stupid at first, but she'll love if it actually works. It will also have the added benefit to me not waking up to her fumbling with a flashlight to find clothes in her closet.

I hear you. I've found that I need to be a bit irritated to motivate actually getting out of bed.

Exactly why mine are out of arms reach from the bed. I have to get up even to hit snooze. Otherwise I could snooze the alarms without waking up, which is not a good thing at all.

I use my TV as an alarm clock. It comes on at 3:50 and I get up at 4:embarrassed:5. I have my normal buzzy alarm clock set to 4:embarrassed:6 as a backup, but I almost never need it.

I have a cheaper one off amazon that has a battery backup that works well. I’m very happy with waking up this way. You need it fairly close to your bedside and the alarm tones sound like crap but the light works great and it was $26.

Only complaint is it’s on my wife’s side of the bed and she turns it off and gets up... leaving me in the dark and out cold.

Home (or iHome?) Sunrise Alarm Clock. Looks like a giant white lifesaver.

Back