Does anyone use a "wake up light" alarm clock?

I do (the older version of that one), but not specifically for light therapy purposes, just because it's a more pleasant way to be woken up. (so I don't think I can be helpful about whether it would effective)

I had a similar model for a while. The big problem is that they don’t have battery backup, so one little flicker in the power and the alarm is off. I also found I got used to the sunrise effect after about a month. Now I use an app called Alarmy to get my ass out of bed. It can be set to stay on until you do math problems or scan a barcode. I force myself to go into the kitchen and scan a barcode, at which point I might as well just make breakfast.

I do (the older version of that one), but not specifically for light therapy purposes, just because it's a more pleasant way to be woken up. (so I don't think I can be helpful about whether it would effective)

Is it worth $75?

I was looking into a light therapy lamp and came across this.

smile.amazon.com/Philips-Wake-Up-Colored-Simulation-HF3520/dp/B0093162RM/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1518791201&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=wake+up+light&psc=1

It's not anywhere near the 10,000 lux some of the light therapy lamps are, but it's significantly more than the cheapo ones.

Thoughts? Waste of money? Troll the lady garden instead?

I do. I got a knock-off one from a company called Vansky for $30 from Amazon to test. Works great.

With it set to 4:30am, I'm already mostly awake by the time the "real" alarm goes off at 5:embarrassed:5am, so there's no startled/confused groping for the alarm button, etc. Make mornings much less of an ass-pain for me.

I do. I got a knock-off one from a company called Vansky for $30 from Amazon to test. Works great.

With it set to 4:30am, I'm already mostly awake by the time the "real" alarm goes off at 5:embarrassed:5am, so there's no startled/confused groping for the alarm button, etc. Make mornings much less of an ass-pain for me.

I've been looking at the knockoffs, but they don't seem to do the light therapy thing. They're just lights that go on gradually.

I am not at all sure that light would wake me up, but 99% of the time I am awake before the alarm, anyway.
I slept thru the Pragestock version of The Trooper, so I don't think a light is going to wake me up :baimun:

Besides, I sleep when it's light out anyways, being on 3rd shift :embarrassed:

So it doesn't ring an alarm, it just uses light to wake you?
I am not at all sure that light would wake me up, but 99% of the time I am awake before the alarm, anyway.
It does both (at least mine, the old version, does) - it gradually gets brighter (and changes wavelengths a bit) and then at the end of the brightening, it plays an alarm. The idea is that the light doesn't fully wake you up, it just gets you in a less-deep phase of sleep so that when the alarm actually wakes you up, it's less jarring and you're more alert/ready to go.

I wake up on my own around 4;30 or 4:45. Only takes a little discipline and training. I set an alarm as a reminder.

mine can be set to play bird sounds which start at the end of the brightening and also gradually escalate in volume over a minute or so until they're screeching away loudly enough to distort the speaker slightly. no one's sleeping through that.

I wake up on my own around 4;30 or 4:45. Only takes a little discipline and training. I set an alarm as a reminder.
as do I ...everyday at 4:15-4;30...wait am I having a conversation with myself :embarrassed: anyway my back up is a furry four legged creature who will either stand on top of me, lick me in the face or paw me in the face...whichever mood he is in that day

Back