Does anyone use a "wake up light" alarm clock?

We do use SAD (seasonal affective disorder) lamps, because we spend most of our time between Canada and, especially since the kids have gotten a bit older, the UK.

But I don’t like using lamps for an alarm clock.

Just use my phone.

Pieces of music that never get old for alarms:

We do use SAD (seasonal affective disorder) lamps, because we spend most of our time between Canada and, especially since the kids have gotten a bit older, the UK.

But I don’t like using lamps for an alarm clock.

Just use my phone.

Pieces of music that never get old for alarms:

I've been waking up to Frisell's "Surfer Girl". I expect to continue that, instead of listening to birds chirping or whatnot.

I have worked so much whacko shift work in my life that no, I don't think it would be for me... Unless I was working the dayshift, then I might try it. I am currently working 4pm to midnight so it is already light when I wake up and I don't use the alarm clock in the mornings.

The best thing I ever did for improving my mornings is going to bed at the same time every night and follow the rule that if I wake up within the hour before my alarm is set, I get up.

W/r/t the SAD lamps, what’s the minimum exposure time for it to be beneficial? Is a couple mins in the AM when you’re waking up going to do anything?

Now for Phase II: light stretching in the morning.
PLASMCONV_Cv1_R1_gallery_5543c2cdea2c82.60410834.jpg

Back