Am I just being an impatient bitch?

Guess what finally arrived?
Yup, the pickup came in and Nick (Axe Palace) emailed me and asked if I still wanted it.
I should have told him no, but fuck it. I'm picking it up tomorrow.

Guess what finally arrived?
Yup, the pickup came in and Nick (Axe Palace) emailed me and asked if I still wanted it.
I should have told him no, but fuck it. I'm picking it up tomorrow.
Does he still want you to pay full pop for it, or did he at least offer a discount?

Nah, no discount. I'm not expecting it. He was kind of an ass and feels like I was the one that had false expectations.
That's fine though. I paid for the pickup a month ago and after this I won't have to deal with him.

Nah, no discount. I'm not expecting it. He was kind of an ass and feels like I was the one that had false expectations.
That's fine though. I paid for the pickup a month ago and after this I won't have to deal with him.

It's kind of what I do when I go to a restaurant and get bad service. I don't complain or give a crappy tip, I just don't go back again.

Finally got it...what a friggin ordeal...

0b187eb63f515bc97a2c4c2d25c4fb48.jpg

Pretty sure the long legs are the compensate for the thicker bridge PU ring used on LP's. I don't think its necessary. I believe "standard" is short legs.

Pretty sure the long legs are the compensate for the thicker bridge PU ring used on LP's. I don't think its necessary. I believe "standard" is short legs.
Yes, I researched that a bit and found that the short leg will fit just about all guitars but the long leg won't.
Funny thing is, even though I ordered the long leg, I got the short leg...which is fine with me. If I ever want to put the pickup in another guitar, I can.

I have an installation/wiring question. I'm pretty sure I know the answer as it seems obvious but I just want to throw it out there to you guys.
This pup is going on my LP, which has the PCB board in the control cavity. The pickups get soldered to a harness that get plugged into the PCB.
I bought a set of harnesses from a guy on the Seymour Duncan forum (he had an eBay store).
He built the harness color coded to Dimarzio's color scheme.
All I have to do is wire the same colors together...right?
The exception being the ground wire...pickup uses clear and the harness uses yellow...

I have an installation/wiring question. I'm pretty sure I know the answer as it seems obvious but I just want to throw it out there to you guys.
This pup is going on my LP, which has the PCB board in the control cavity. The pickups get soldered to a harness that get plugged into the PCB.
I bought a set of harnesses from a guy on the Seymour Duncan forum (he had an eBay store).
The exception being the ground wire...pickup uses clear and the harness uses yellow...
LPs have a pcb now? Sheesh, I'm out of the loop.

This may help, may not - I'm pretty good at this stuff, but like having the parts things in front of me.

I would use a multimeter to determine what goes where and confirm the wiring scheme. Do you have a wiring layout for the pickup and a layout for the harness?

Can you upload pics or link to diagrams?

If he color coded the harness to Dimarzio...yes. You are all set.

For reference ...
color_codes-809x1024.jpg

Just ask the guy you bought it from...I'm sure he'll hook you up.

:grin:

Some pictures, as requested:

Here is the harness:
b3b855f1c3d55d0bd886b9d9ca7b90de.jpg
4ac3c558e9c5f9236b55b3373c4de07b.jpg
611b713c1f5b6e2802598fa2302814e5.jpg

The pickup:
I only peeled a little bit of the insulation but you can see all the wires. The bare wire is the only one different from the harness.(which has yellow instead)

425d48fcb92dd21d3e7e206aa3905d28.jpg

And the included instructions from Dimarzio:
dca604f09a40cc4c19eb245b2bfb6588.jpg

@gtrjunior - I haven't had a chance to give this any thought. You've definitely given enough info! I'm getting ready for a pretty important gig tonight. I'll will definitely have more time tomorrow (if you haven't already figured it out).

Back