Am I just being an impatient bitch?

@gtrjunior - I haven't had a chance to give this any thought. You've definitely given enough info! I'm getting ready for a pretty important gig tonight. I'll will definitely have more time tomorrow (if you haven't already figured it out).
Oh! No problem...
Wyatt gave me a great answer as well. I'm going to go ahead and do it like he suggested tomorrow and see what happens.

Break a leg!

I messaged the seller of the harness about wiring it all I correctly. Glad I did actually. Apparently because my LP has the push/pull wiring it gets done a little differently. I messaged him back and asked for a little clarification. As soon as I hear back I'll update the thread.

Apparently with the push/pull configuration in my LP, the wiring does get done a little differently. I still haven't figured it all out yet....once I can get a schematic of something handy, the soldering of the pickup to the harness should be a cinch...

On a separate note, last night around 8pm, I decided to order a neck pickup as well. Originally I thought I'd just get the bridge but I figured what the hell.
Axe Palace took a month to get me the bridge pickup. This morning I already got the shipping notification from the guy I ordered the neck pup from.
Granted, the neck pickup was already in stock and there was no need to order it from Dimarzio BUT-
I read on another forum about somebody else that had the same issues getting his pickups from the Axe Palace. His were BKP. He actually called Bare Knuckle to ask about his order and they told him that retailers like the Axe Palace routinely will wait to place an order until they have enough orders to make it worth their while. That would explain why I didn't get the follow up email until 13 days after my order....I'll never order anything from them again.
Maybe if something was already in stock that might be a different story but orders....no way.
Too bad too because he has an amazing store....

I'm thinking what I need to do is simply match the current pickup wiring color codes with the Dimarzio color codes.
Current has a set of BKP's so I'll use the chart above and match pole finish/starts....I would think that should work perfectly....
Anyone have thoughts as to why that might not work?

I'm thinking what I need to do is simply match the current pickup wiring color codes with the Dimarzio color codes.
Current has a set of BKP's so I'll use the chart above and match pole finish/starts....I would think that should work perfectly....
Anyone have thoughts as to why that might not work?
I think your plan will work.

Those harnesses confuse me, honestly. It's another layer that makes something simple more complicated.

I think your plan will work.

Those harnesses confuse me, honestly. It's another layer that makes something simple more complicated.

Those harnesses really only make it easy if everyone uses the same coloring scheme for everything. Then it idiot proof. If one manufacturer changes up the colors, then it mucks up the whole system.

Those harnesses really only make it easy if everyone uses the same coloring scheme for everything. Then it idiot proof. If one manufacturer changes up the colors, then it mucks up the whole system.
This.

Plus, I feel more secure soldering things - I think it's a better connection.

This.

Plus, I feel more secure soldering things - I think it's a better connection.

Yeah, you almost need all of the manufacturers to use the same color system and have the option of ordering the pickup with the connector already attached to the pickup. Then swapping pickups would be a breeze.

Yeah, you almost need all of the manufacturers to use the same color system and have the option of ordering the pickup with the connector already attached to the pickup. Then swapping pickups would be a breeze.
Then you run into more problems if you want coil split, in/out of phase etc....
That's what I've got to figure out now.
My LP came stick with all that and even though I seldom use it I'd like to keep it available.
The BKP that are in there now are wired to factory settings so I think I can just translate colors and I should be ok.

So just for comparison sake....
I ordered a pickup from the Axe Palace and received it 2 days shy of a month. I was told turnaround time was 1-2 weeks.
I ordered this pickup on ebay last Friday... got it today...5 days.
Now granted the AP didn't have it in stock and had to order it from Dimarzio and the eBay guy did have it in stock...but the AP waited 13 days to place the order with Dimarzio....maybe it's just me but I think that's unacceptable.

2ddf6196dc1ca50b007890a13b155df7.jpg

Or in this case...all the manufactures change up the colors.

But in this case, it's not the color code that is the issue, but it seems implied that Gibson uses a different pinout on the push-pull versions...which seems inconceivable. That would require them to wire two different harness in-house.

Back