Am I just being an impatient bitch?

That sucks. No excuses, that's just shitty business practice. I hope he treats his new bride a whole Hell of a lot better than he treats his customers.

FUCK NICK AT THE AXE PALACE IN HIS FUCKING MEATHEAD FACE!!!!
That smug cocksucker just pissed me the fuck off like I haven't been pissed off in a long time.
Needless to say I told him I want a refund and that I'll never do business with him again.

Forward any unprofessional, nasty, or otherwise unflattering correspondence from him directly to Dimarzzio.
The thought crossed my mind. It's not like he called me anything nasty but he's just a smug bastard. He just wanted to be "right". Every complaint I had he had a rebuttal for. Some were understandable others not.
A couple months ago I ordered a set of pickups from a Russian maker. That guy had them in my hands in 10 or so days. There's no reason why I can't get 1 pickup made and shipped from NY to RI in about 2 weeks. Yeah, I get that Dimarzio is much larger an operation but this is ridiculous.
I even originally told him that I'd give him a couple more days to get the pickup delivered to him. I wanted to to go pick it up so I could check out all the high end gear he has. But he eventually pissed me off enough that I decided fuck him...id rather order from ANYONE but him.

The thought crossed my mind. It's not like he called me anything nasty but he's just a smug bastard. He just wanted to be "right". Every complaint I had he had a rebuttal for. Some were understandable others not.
A couple months ago I ordered a set of pickups from a Russian maker. That guy had them in my hands in 10 or so days. There's no reason why I can't get 1 pickup made and shipped from NY to RI in about 2 weeks. Yeah, I get that Dimarzio is much larger an operation but this is ridiculous.
I even originally told him that I'd give him a couple more days to get the pickup delivered to him. I wanted to to go pick it up so I could check out all the high end gear he has. But he eventually pissed me off enough that I decided fuck him...id rather order from ANYONE but him.
I could've set myself up as a DiMarzio dealer (I have a FEIN) and had the pickup shipped to you in the time he's taken to not even order it.

I could've set myself up as a DiMarzio dealer (I have a FEIN) and had the pickup shipped to you in the time he's taken to not even order it.
He claimed that his server went down and therefore didn't send me the automated "order received" email until his tech guy fixed it. Maybe that's true idk...frankly I don't care anymore. I'm getting my money back and I'll get the pickup somewhere else.

He claimed that his server went down and therefore didn't send me the automated "order received" email until his tech guy fixed it. Maybe that's true idk...frankly I don't care anymore. I'm getting my money back and I'll get the pickup somewhere else.
That's bullshit because that's just notification to YOU. That was a couple weeks. By that logic did he just go "Oh, I haven't had any orders in a couple of weeks..." and shrug?

That's bullshit because that's just notification to YOU. That was a couple weeks. By that logic did he just go "Oh, I haven't had any orders in a couple of weeks..." and shrug?
Yeah, he said there were about 40 other orders. So yeah, you made a good point I hadn't thought of.

Ok...so now i have a question for you pickup experts.
On the Axe Palace pickup order form there is the option of ordering a "long leg" option which apparently is usually used in a Les Paul, which is what I'm buying this pickup for.
Is the long leg version absolutely necessary or would the short leg version work as well? What do I need to know when ordering from another retailer that doesn't offer this option?

I think you need it. In a LP, the switch is further away from the bridge pickup, so you need a longer wire to reach it.

I think you need it. In a LP, the switch is further away from the bridge pickup, so you need a longer wire to reach it.
No, not the wires...the legs of the pickup. I'm assuming it's the mounting legs that's being referred to. In my LP, it has the PCB board so I just have to wire the pickup to the harness and plug it in. The wire length won't come into play here.

No, not the wires...the legs of the pickup. I'm assuming it's the mounting legs that's being referred to. In my LP, it has the PCB board so I just have to wire the pickup to the harness and plug it in. The wire length won't come into play here.
ha, I read long leads :grin:

I would think short. Long seems like it would limit the guitars you could use it in, but I've never swapped a pickup in an LP. The only LP I ever owned, I couldn't get rid of fast enough :grin:

You can go either way with leg length in an LP. These days the option is there just for being vintage correct or if you're mounting a pickup in an EVH replica where the pickup is screwed directly into the wood of a deeper cavity.

You can go either way with leg length in an LP. These days the option is there just for being vintage correct or if you're mounting a pickup in an EVH replica where the pickup is screwed directly into the wood of a deeper cavity.
Gotcha...thanks. I've been reading about this today and of course the internet is constantly contradicting itself!!
I found a guy selling the short leg version for a few bucks cheaper than I previously paid but I wanted to be sure before I pulled the trigger....

Back