2016-17 NFL Thread.

I wonder what's behind teams not wanting to sign Nick Foles?

He had an absolutely great year for the Eagles 2 years ago, and now no one wants him. Makes me think that it's off-field issues idn_smilie

I can't think of any off field things from the news. There have been a few one hit wonders at the QB spot maybe teams think he was one of them. I bet as training camp rolls on, he will get picked up by someone.

GoRaiders.gif

Interested to see how the Seahawks shake out. I know I will miss Marshawn. He has done some pretty awesome events in Tacoma for the kids, and I just loved that style of running. We shall see what the future brings. I don't follow too closely this time of year. I like to wait until late August to start paying attention.

I still don't understand how a person who seemed so on top of their game just stops like that but perhaps there are lingering injury issues or he doesn't want to sustain any more(?).

The tape on Nick Foles from last year is just ghastly. That plus an agent pushing for juicy veteran money is likely the issue with his unemployment.

The tape on Nick Foles from last year is just ghastly. That plus an agent pushing for juicy veteran money is likely the issue with his unemployment.

Yeah, you can stick a QB in a good system with talent around him and he will look great. Take him out of the system and put him with a less talented cast around him and you'll see him go down al Matt Cassell and Matt Flynn.

Nice to have the scent of hope entering the season for a change. It has been a long time coming as a Raider fan. If they can stay healthy and the running games improves they have a real shot at at least a wild card - maybe the division title. The Denver Donkeys Still have a formidable defense, but Sanchez is iffy at QB and their new draft pick, Lynch, really will not be ready for prime time until maybe next season. Broncos were very lucky injury wise last year as well. They will not be as good as everyone thinks - and neither will KC. Both are good teams, but neither are scary good.

I wonder what's behind teams not wanting to sign Nick Foles?

He had an absolutely great year for the Eagles 2 years ago, and now no one wants him. Makes me think that it's off-field issues idn_smilie

Tebow did a great job for the Broncos a few years back, and he was squeaky clean, but once he was cut for Manning, nobody would hire him.

Tebow did a great job for the Broncos a few years back, and he was squeaky clean, but once he was cut for Manning, nobody would hire him.

He was with the Jets for a season and spent a preseason with the Eagles and Pats after Denver.

What everyone really wants to know is, what will happen with Johnny? Will we ever see him again, or will he fade into obscurity like so many Heisman winners before him?

What everyone really wants to know is, what will happen with Johnny? Will we ever see him again, or will he fade into obscurity like so many Heisman winners before him?

Hopefully he will end up with the Cowboys.

Johnny needs to get his life in order. I can't see who will want him until that happens. If someone picks him up the way that he is now, those are truly desperate measures.

Hopefully he will end up with the Cowboys.
I hope that happens too. He's definitely got issues, but being a Texas kid, I'm sure he's dreamed of playing for the Cowboys. Had Jerry taken him in the draft, which he was very close to doing, I wonder if things would have turned out differently for him. I guess we'll never know, but Jerry can pick him up at a huge discount now.

Back